Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dayco Powder Coating
Professional custom powder coating.
Intake Plenums, metal y pipes, intercooler plumbing, brackets, battery trays, valve covers, alum. spark plug covers, wheels, rotors, calipers, springs, suspension components, any metal items any size. Our oven is large enough to paint a 22' ft boat trailer. Pics of 3SI parts coming soon.

Colors curently in stock:

Florecent Green
Sky White
Pearl Black (Glossy)
Vulcan Black (semi glossy)
Red Barron
Orange
Safetey Yellow
Uni Cream
Moon Dust (Maroon)
Ever Green
Corvel Green (Dark)
Hi YO Silver

·
Registered
791 Posts
for those of you who I met at the NG, this is the guy who came with me. He has his own powder coating operation and does very good work, I'm gonna snap some pics of some work he did on my motorcycle and he is doing some stuff for me this weekend...very good friend and is actively seeking to help the 3SI community.

anyone needing powder coating done, definitely consider him, he is pretty much the top powder coater in this area of MO (yes there are others LOL)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Sounds good - I'm wanting to get a few parts coated and my rear calipers are one of those items. I want to get them coated black to match the Stillen 6 piston setup that will be coming soon :B What would the price be for both rear calipers:?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 calipers painted for $30 and you cover all shipping.
I could probably paint about 200 calipers on one rack.
Send me 6 items about the same size to be black for about $50.
Let me know what else you have to paint and what colors.
I could save you some $ on my service and maybe shipping as well. You can check shipping rates to:

Dayco Powder Coating
604 W. Main St.
Bismarck MO. 63624

Or I can look it up. Let me know.
Thanks,

·
Registered
78 Posts
rims

how about rims

could you give me an estimate on how much it would cost to powder coat all for stock vr4 rims 17"

also the plem and valve cover. entire brake calipers would be nice to.

if you could break down the cost of each item i would appriciate it

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
what about an estimate for a standard 10lb nitrous bottle?? I'm about to be a master wholesaler for NX and could be sending a lot of business your way in the future. Just curious what this would cost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Prices for in stock colors
Special order colors may increase the cost.

Valve Covers.............................$30
Plenum......................................$30
4 Calipers..................................$50
4 Rotors....................................$60
Wheels......................................$200
All items above
in the same color.......................$300
That's a $70 savings

The more you can send, the better deal you get.
Gather up some parts from other people needing powder coating and save $$$$$ on my service and shipping costs.

To be honest, all the large quantity production orders are what pay the bills. Painting 3SI parts, old hot rod parts, dirt and ashphalt race car chassis and parts, Street bikes & ATVs, ect....is what keeps it interesting for me.

As for the Nitrous bottle. I cure the paint at 360 to 390 degrees.
his could be a problem if the bottle is used or has a valve head on it. If it could be painted before valve assy is put on I could do it for $35 or $40. I have to admit, I know little about Nitrous.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just saw an auction on Ebay to have an intake painted. The buy it now price is $150.:eek: Just to give you a fair comparison, I'll give a price for the same intake (which is for a ford):hammer: I would coat that intake for a 3SI member for $30 or $40. As I said in my last reply, "all the large quantity production orders are what pay the bills. Painting 3SI parts, old hot rod parts, dirt and ashphalt race car chassis and parts, Street bikes & ATVs, ect....is what keeps it interesting for me. "

I encourage you to check out this auction before it ends. Keep in mind this is not my auction. Keep in mind also, these prices are tuely for the 3SI community. For a non-3SI person to walk in and have this same intake coated I would,... and have charged $75 to $100.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874279128

The 3SI community took me in at NG02. I knew little about these awsome cars. Everyone answered all my tipical nubee questions.
Now for those who were kind to me, I repay the favor.
Thanks,

·
Registered
791 Posts
ive got pics im gonna post in the morning of my spark plug cover...more later of my motorcycle and im having a bunch of other parts done this weekend when i change my power steering pump and alternator...

rotors, various brackets in the engine bay, maybe some turbo plumbing...if anyone would like to see what something looks like painted, let me know and i will tear it off of my car (within reason) and get it painted...im not painting my new wheels (sorry) and i prolly wont pull my calipers off cuz i wont be able to get some Motul by the time the stuff will be coming off of my car.

James (Dayco Powdercoating) and I have made a pretty sweet deal. While I am replacing my pump and alternator, he is gonna paint some parts for me and i will get them back more than likely before I get done. his shop is close to my place and this is to help him get business so if there is anything you are wondering what it would look like painted, i'm sure he would paint mine and you can see it...

he is also a 3si supporter and is volunteering his time and efforts in helping me and some of the other StL guys with the NG03, him and i are talking about his companies sponsorship for the NG03...

·
Registered
339 Posts
hey do you chrome too?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In reply to stealthawd, some one should suggest some neon pink parts for his car.LOL After all he did open it up for suggestion.
Just kidding Stealthawd, I do appreciate the help.

In reply to myvr4, Yes I have a product called bumper crome. However it looks more like polished alluminum. Which is pretty cool too. If you would like I can give you the number to an actual crome plater. LMK.
Thanks,
James

ttt

·
Registered
339 Posts
cool, what about wheel. two of my wheels is pilling and want to know if you can rechrome it. i guess you already answer that. sso it is 200.00 for each wheel or 4 wheels.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My chromes are starting to peel bad too. Do you have any pics of a rim after the bumper chrome was put on? Otherwise, powder coating is cool too. Like everyone else asked, is it $200 for all 4 or each?

Thanks
Justin

·
Member #140 Aug, 1998
3,777 Posts
I would imagine powder coating already chromed wheels would be a pain in the arse, because the chrome would have to be removed, but if he will powder coat my stock Stealth rim centers with a Pearl Blue, I would do it.
James,, how much to have my whole car powdercoated?? Hahha I'm a hillbilly, what do you expect,, LOL:D

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
stealthawd said:
LMAO...

Thanks John, After a completely SHITTY day, you just made it for me hahahahaha....

as far as your center caps go on your stealth, they are plastic right? if so, you cant powder coat them...plastic tends to melt when you put it in an oven :D

ahahha ... I thought John knew this ;) :D Just kidding ... how's going with selling that 93 TT ?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.