Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,
I am potentially looking to purchase a used 1999 3000gt this weekend. I know the 99 doesn't have the same engine as the older ones, but I am almost 40 with a family and don't need to race. I have always wanted one since I first saw them. Anyway, I was going to see if anyone could give me some feedback on the one in the link. If not this one, what are some things I should look for when going to see a potential purchase. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and have a good day.

Link to the seller's post, he is a member of the Facebook group I am on.
Sorry it won't let me post the link, here is the post.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT · Coupe · Driven 110,000 miles had to delete previous post due being unable to edit considering selling due unexpected expenses price is OBO 99 3000gt base 5speed with 110,000 miles got it from a friend who had it sitting for years good: recently serviced, oil, transmission fluid, spark plugs and wires, front and rear brake pads, replaced gas tank, sender and gas pump due gas sitting for years, recently installed car stereo with back up camera, wired and wireless apple car, but other than that, car is completely stuck, interior in great shape, no rips or cracks, as well as paint!! VA car inspected last month bad: a few dents here and there due to a hailstorm, one of the belts is starting to make noise but goes away after like 2-3 mins and check engine light is on due an O2 sensor."

· Registered
1994 Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
300 Posts
Looks fine to me. With it being a SOHC, they are non-interference, so you don't "really" have to worry about the timing belt slipping/ripping and boom the engine goes.

Treated right it should last a lifetime, as the single cam motors are pretty stout and fuel efficient. It's an old car, expect dings or scratches. It's a plus that it has no rust.

I would recommend the usual car inspections, nothing too specific to look out for on the base models as they don't have much to worry about honestly.

Price wise, I'd be a steal for $4,000. Fair market value maybe close to $5,000 to $8,000 if it's immaculate (and based on the photos, it seems to be in great condition.) Anything more than that I would pass it, with it being a base model.

Just a fun fact, the front end is easily worth 1/3 if not 1/2 the value of the vehicle alone.

Reactions: jkotara84

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks fine to me. With it being a SOHC, they are non-interference, so you don't "really" have to worry about the timing belt slipping/ripping and boom the engine goes.

Treated right it should last a lifetime, as the single cam motors are pretty stout and fuel efficient. It's an old car, expect dings or scratches. It's a plus that it has no rust.

I would recommend the usual car inspections, nothing too specific to look out for on the base models as they don't have much to worry about honestly.

Price wise, I'd be a steal for $4,000. Fair market value maybe close to $5,000 to $8,000 if it's immaculate (and based on the photos, it seems to be in great condition.) Anything more than that I would pass it, with it being a base model.

Just a fun fact, the front end is easily worth 1/3 if not 1/2 the value of the vehicle alone.
He said the lowest he would go is 5200, which, I don't think is that horrible of a price. So I am pretty sure I am going to go up there tomorrow (Richmond).

· Registered
1994 Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
300 Posts
He said the lowest he would go is 5200, which, I don't think is that horrible of a price. So I am pretty sure I am going to go up there tomorrow (Richmond).
I think that is a fair price, not exactly the best deal, but not the worse.

Considering that it is not beat up, is mechanically sound, and also to toot it's the easiest trim to take care of and maintain -- It should pay itself off versus the headaches you could get with something else.

I would always recommend doing a "triple take" inspection, as a tank of gas back home is cheaper than a broken car!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that is a fair price, not exactly the best deal, but not the worse.

Considering that it is not beat up, is mechanically sound, and also to toot it's the easiest trim to take care of and maintain -- It should pay itself off versus the headaches you could get with something else.

I would always recommend doing a "triple take" inspection, as a tank of gas back home is cheaper than a broken car!
Absolutely, he even sent me a video of it. As you said, not the greatest deal, but better than the ones I have seen around here. 91-94's go for around 6-7000 and have well over 15000 miles and look beat up. I like the fact that it is also completely stock.

· Science, bitch!
1992 VR4
965 Posts
There really isn’t anything particularly special or unique about a ‘99 base model. The SOHC engine was available in the mid 90s Stealth and also the ‘98 3000gt (‘97 too?). They are more simple than the DOHC models and therefore more reliable, but that’s about the only endearing quality. $5200 seems fair in this market. It was probably a $2000-3000 car a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts