Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OT: Posting FS Adds within other's FS Adds

Anyone else think this is total bullshit? If you wanna sell something, make your own thread.

It would be *so* nice if the thread creator could delete non-thread related garbage from their own threads.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Or even worse... using the general forum for this rant instead of the Lounge forum

Lol :) j/k!

·
Banned
10,940 Posts
Actually given this is board related its kind of 3s related. So I won't complain. :p

Do you have a link to the hijacked sale thread ?

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I deleted the thread as suggested above, and I had already sold the wheels in question so I saw no need to keep it. However, I've seen this a lot in the classifieds in the last few months. This is not a new occurence.

I just wish thread creators had more control over the thread. I mean if you have the ultimate ability to delete the entire thread, I see no harm in being able to delete specific messages....

·
Banned
10,940 Posts
The board software does not support that. But, An admin can do it. So use the report a post feature when this happens and it will be cleaned up.

The additional advantage is the admins will know which users are doing this. And if they are repeat offenders we can do something about it.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
what was it, someone selling the same thing as you for less?

Being able to delete replies would be a horrible thing ... any opposing opinion would be shut off (if desired).

·
Banned
10,940 Posts
The problem to my understanding is not people commenting on someones sale. It people coming into a sale thread and putting their own items in it. If you want to sell something use your own thread. Coments on the price, quality and stuff like that would never be edited.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Personal Apology to Omnip_1 and Allan...the board.

I think this may have been me and if it was I apologize to Allan an Omnip_1. The minute I submitted the post I thought to myself, you shouldn't have done that, it was wrong. I am sorry again for posting what I had for sale on your thread. You could have also said something to me direct about, I would have been more then happy to delete it for you. Once again, I am sorry. I meant no disrespect to you or the board

Thank You,
Shawn Enz

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No need to appologize. This is more of a general problem then a specific one - this has happened to me more then once.

I was just interested in seeing what other people thought of this. As there are no real rules regarding selling things on the board.

·
3,903 Posts
Alan92RTTT said:
The problem to my understanding is not people commenting on someones sale. It people coming into a sale thread and putting their own items in it. If you want to sell something use your own thread. Coments on the price, quality and stuff like that would never be edited.
no one is debating that people should use thier own threads for their own sales -- and I'm sure that YOU don't delete stuff about price, quality, etc.

however, if EVERYONE is allowed to delete posts within "their post", these things will be deleted

·
3,903 Posts
good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts