Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we had our little DFW meet today. After taking some pics we head off to go for a short cruise. We were taking pics in a hospital parking lot. There were 2 parking lots seperated by a curb and about a 4 foot drop. The way the sun was hitting the curb I couldn't tell it was there so, to me it looked like 1 big parking lot. Needless to say, by the time I realized it was 2 seperate parking lots it was too late. I hit the curb doing 10 - 15 mph and flew right over that bitch and took a nice 4 foot drop. I flew a good 15 feet in the air. I will find out later this week if they will total the car or not.

It looks a lot worse in person than it does in the pictures. The middle picture on the top row almost has a good view of the distance I flew.

Enjoy !!

http://community.webshots.com/album/55997565tcGfnp

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,119 Posts
*blink*

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car only blue books for around $8500.

I have State Farm. If it costs more than 60% of blue book to fix, they usually call it a total loss.

What I will need, just from looking at it.

4 new rims ~~ Around $1500 from the dealer
4 new tires ~~ Around $750 - $800
New active aero motor ~~ $700
New aero front air dam and all garnish pieces ~~ $500 (approx)
New front bumper cover ~~ $250
New radiator fans ~~ $300 (guessing)
Paint and repair work ~~ ??

this is only what I can see. I'm sure there is some stuff messed up underneath of it.

That total is close to $6000 already. 60% of blue book is only around $5000.

I may buy it back if they total it. There are some things I can use on the Stealth and I would take off the easy stuff to sell it. What I couldn't get out (engine, things like that) I would leave in and sell the rest to someone who is willing to part it out.

I'll have to wait and see what happens. I should know by Wednesday.

Phil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well if you were to tell the dealer you will take care of the rims and tires the rest might get fixed by the insurance company and you come away with a clean title, otherwise if they total it and you buy it back you get a wreck with a salvage title making it worth a lot less when the day comes you want to sell it. Just a thought :)

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
I bet that was a hell of a ride:eek: I bet it can be fixed, if the insurance company totals it don't part it out (unless you bent the frame which I highly doubt that you did) Just look at this as a great opportunity for a 99 conversion and new rims, it can be put back together, don't part it out.
Good luck,
Clayton

·
Settle the Score
5,619 Posts
Phil you crazy bastage tell us the real story..

you got drunk, drove over a speed bump at 80 mph and smashed the crap out of it

oh BTW are those black things, condoms for your rear view mirrors??

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insurance with state farm was gonna give me 80% of vehicle value. Just say ull take like 1000 for rims and 450 for tires.

Get some Kumho's and some used 18's from a board member. :)

Im sure we can keep them from totaling such a pretty car. If they do total it, let me know....

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
technically, if you wanted to fight them, you can make them fix it, even if it costs more than it's worth. Talk to John Adams abotu that

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, you can bet that if they decide to fix it I am gonna try to pocket some cash on this deal. I'll get them to cut me the check and I'll buy the parts off of Mykiss69. He is parting out 5 or 6 cars right now. I will also have them give me the dealer price for new rims then, give GTPRO a call and hook up some of those N1's they were selling. If they decide to fix it, it will be better looking than before this happened. If I do the '99 front end, can I still keep the active aero ?? I like that feature, even though it is pretty useless. If they total it you can bet the Stealth is gonna "get some lovin' "
:D :D

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,608 Posts
redvr4

I have State Farm also. I damaged my '94 and they would only allow for wheel "repair" and "repair" of my front cover. Good luck on getting new parts.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
umm phil we can make the areo computer think the front motor is there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sucks about your car but that had to look cool as shit when you did it

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
pinto! said:
sucks about your car but that had to look cool as shit when you did it
Find a guy on the board who goes by "FLASHER". He was a couple car lengths behind me. He said it was pretty sweet.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
If those are dents in the rear 1/4 behind the doors, you bent the frame for sure. Its a unibody and everything gets tweaked when all four wheels are off the ground and the car hits nose first. I did something similar with a 94 Transam, and that bitch flew straight as an arrow when it left the ground, and landed on all four wheels with no visible damage at all, and the frame had to be put on a rack because it would not track straight. It ended up being a combination of the fron alignment getting knocked out of whack and a 1" shift in the front end of the frame. I can see how you could do it since there were no cars to give you reference in the next lot. I did that with the Transam at night on a T-intersection which looked like it kept going straight---but it was just a low curb dropping into a school parking lot.

Sam

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,119 Posts
Darktrail said:
Wheres the 4 foot drop?

-Jeff
That's what I was wondering....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.