Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
As of late WOT doesn't seem as powerfull as it has in the past. How would i go about checking for slack in my throttle cable? Where should I be looking? What would be needed for the fix if anything?
Thanks!
--Steve

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Let one press the pedal and adjust the cable at the plenum. No big deal at all.

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
YOu can tell if there is slack in the throttle cable just by looking at it. It's held onto the intake plenum by 2 10mm bolts, and all you have to do is loosen the bolts a little, and move the hanger till the cable is tought. You can see if it's loose just by turning the throttle with your hand, and see how far you turn it before it pulls. Mine was kinda loose when I bought my twin turbo, but it didn't really change anything with the speed. It just made the pedal feel lighter, and I had to try not to go fast because the clutch was heavy and the gas was light, which I wasn't really used to.

Jason

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have considerable slack in my throttle cable but I got my wife to put the throttle to the floor and then I checked at the plenum to see if it was at WOT. Yup, it was still getting to WOT even with all the slack it had to make up.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I saw the same thing...I was about to tighten it but if I get rid of the slack, then won't I hit WOT before pushing the pedal all the way in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts