Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal my good friend has a 91 firebird 305 TBI V8. For those of us who know their GM cars thats the third-gen body style with the fogs and running lights in the front bumper, and a 5 liter carberated V8. First of all its an automatic with the stock 15" rims and 265 width tires on it. So far his mods are 373 richmond gears out back, march underdrive pulley set, Flowmaster catback exhaust, hypertech chip, a 160 degree thermostat, all emmissions controls and smog pump removed, and a K&N drop in filter. Oh yeah he also pulled the spare tire and the jack outta the back to save weight. Now all I have so far is a 92 Stealth R/T automatic with a K&N Aircharger kit, the underdrive pulley, lighter 17" rims, and Dulop SP 9000 tires. I know I need to do a custom exhaust too. Do you guys think I could take him? We raced once but I was totally stock then and I had no idea we were gonna do it till he left so I had no launch at all. Lemme know what you guys think or what else I should put on my car. I'm gonna take out the resonator bottle this weekend but I know it doesnt help much. I really wanna kick my friends ass. He talks alotta shit.
Mike

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
he talks alot of shit and drives a 91 305 TBI? that is a 16 sec car at best!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you read the mod list I wrote down though? its got some balls now

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I think it would be a good match with you having the edge. His motor and intake system are quite weak (go to www.thirdgen.org, they call those motors boat anchors there), but your right the mods (well, just the gears and teh exhaust) are worth something. The other mods don't realize very much on those cars. He should get a shift kit for his trans, they are quite mushy stock. Now if he had the 350, or at least the TPI intake, youd have some trouble!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys think I oughtta get a custom exhaust done or what?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would get the exaust man. Hey, there was a similar post on the thirdgen.org board about a race between RT and a Firebird. Do u know a J007Golden? If you do I think u missed a few mods it says on his. He has a Fan Switch (which isn't much really) but he did say he had Edelbrock TES Headers. If he has TES headers then u are in trouble I think. You will have to get turbos to beat him then I belive. Thats just with experince, I have a 92 Stealth R/T and I have raced some fbodys and I got beat by a Firbird that had the body style like his and it was a 305. Not sure though if it was TBI, it was awhile ago, but he beat me by like three or two car lengths. It was pretty bad. But once I get those turbos baby they better look out.

[This message has been edited by John3000ST (edited December 23, 1999).]

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just notice that some of the people on the forum are guessing he is running in the high 14's. I hope he don't run high 14's or we are in real trouble then pal.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, if anyone wonders why I go to the thirdgen board is because my wife owns a 89 Formula. Don't worry, I am sticking with the Stealths!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
if your R/T is the normally aspirated model then I suggest you start creating excuses as to why you lost now. Sorry

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he has the TES headers on order. J007golden is my friend Eric. come on guys help me out here I need to beat this guy really bad. what else should I do to the car? I'm thinking of having a set of heads ported and polish with a good valve job put on. that oughtta get him. give me some ideas though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts