Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I was just talking to a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in a few years, who moved back to Hong Kong. He was back in Texas for Thanksgiving, we chatted about our cars and such (some of you Texas people may know him, Brian Tung, had one of the quickest RX7's anywhere, and was always up at Jotech or Alamo Autosports.)

Anyway, he was telling me that in Hong Kong, some guy apparently has a 9.7 sec black 3000GT. I've always figured that in the WHOLE world, most likely the fastest 3/S would not be found here. Does anyone know anything about this or whose it could be? I'm really not surprised by the news, Brian says this kid comes from a rich family, and they get a ton of stuff for cars that we never even get to see over here.

Anyone ever heard of this car? Anyone live in Hong Kong and is just trolling the boards?

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
Well I'd bet it isnt a 3000gt but perhaps a GTO over there might be running 9s. The fastest 3000gts and Stealth to my knowlegde are in the US. ;)

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well yes, he said GTO. I just want to be able to substantiate this, so we can finally say we have a car in the 9's!

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no idea, I've been to Hong Kong twice myself actually and never knew of a drag strip, but that doesnt' mean anything. Brian didn't have a whole lot of details about an actual verified time, other than it's a Black GTO and this guy also has modified Skyline. I remember a few years back the GReddy Skyline did post a quarter time of 9.7... Which is why I believe that a GTO exists that can do this. Considering most of us here have never even heard of the Japanese MR, I do think someone over there has hit 9's with the GTO. Proving it is what I want to do, maybe this guy has a modded MR?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I think it's a little early to be calling BS just because you don't know if it's possible or not. Best just to stand on the sidelines and wait for proof. If it comes, great, it's official - a 3/S in the 9's. If there is no proof, then it just remains a story someone spoke of. Doesn't mean it's BS, though. We're really arrogant if we assume that the fastest 3/S ON THE PLANET is in north america... I mean damn, the cars were BUILT in Japan, so I find it very easy to believe that it's possible a GTO might be in the 9's on that side of the world.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
UTRacerX9 said:
I have no idea, I've been to Hong Kong twice myself actually and never knew of a drag strip, but that doesnt' mean anything. Brian didn't have a whole lot of details about an actual verified time, other than it's a Black GTO and this guy also has modified Skyline. I remember a few years back the GReddy Skyline did post a quarter time of 9.7... Which is why I believe that a GTO exists that can do this. Considering most of us here have never even heard of the Japanese MR, I do think someone over there has hit 9's with the GTO. Proving it is what I want to do, maybe this guy has a modded MR?
there are quite a few skylines in the 9's.

as brian from gt pro put it "9 seconds is about the limit for a skyline to be fast and still be a daily driver"

~matt

·
Registered
641 Posts
Well okay lets clarify my previous statement...... i'm not calling it BS period, just awaiting some proof. We are talking about HK here, not Japan, and I've lived there for some time so I'm aware of the car tuning scene there.......... they are not as crazy as Japan is......... most cars there are tuned to be moderately fast not Top Secret Supra-type fast...... and since there haven't been any cars in Japan that have yet been proven to run a 9 sec 1/4 mile, I find it hard to believe that such a car could exist in HK......... still........ I'm hoping it is true as well, but I have my doubts...... :(

Senlur said:
I think it's a little early to be calling BS just because you don't know if it's possible or not. Best just to stand on the sidelines and wait for proof. If it comes, great, it's official - a 3/S in the 9's. If there is no proof, then it just remains a story someone spoke of. Doesn't mean it's BS, though. We're really arrogant if we assume that the fastest 3/S ON THE PLANET is in north america... I mean damn, the cars were BUILT in Japan, so I find it very easy to believe that it's possible a GTO might be in the 9's on that side of the world.

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
It's beleivable

·
Registered
695 Posts
there have been rumors of a 9 sec. gto (3000gt, stealth) for a long time now, but no one has ever come up with any proof. i don't believe it until i see it on video. timeslips just don't cut it anymore, because who really knows if its their actual timeslip or just someone elses from the track that day?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts