Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This really sux. I think I may have blown a head gasket. How ???? I have no clue. I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Here's what happened today:

Driving around locally for an hour or so (running erands) and I come to a red light. After a few seconds , my coolant warning light goes on. ( I figure ok I'm probably low on coolant) Next , for the first time ever I see my oil pressure warning light flashing on and off. Next thing I know there's thick white smoke coming out from under my hood and beneath the car. Once the light turned green , I immediately pulled over and shut the car off. After popping the hood I noticed the smoke eminating from the overflow coolant container. My coolant is literally Boiling and Bubbling and is HOT as a Mother Fu*#er. I also noticed brown and black sediment deposits inside the container. This is what leads me to believe I had blown a gasket. What bugs me though , is the fact that my coolant was full and all the hoses I could see were all attached and intact. My last oil change was 1000 miles ago. I haven't even been beating on the car either. So right now I'm very pissed (obviously) and confused as to how this could have happened. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :cool: :confused:

·
Ferrari Nut
2,675 Posts
Diagnosis:
Have the brown sediment checked for anthx!:eek:
A compression check on all of your cylinders will verify a blown gasket. I donno what that boiling water/coolant situation is all about, but could be a thermastat or water pump issue.

When coolant is being burned in the cylinders, usually puff white smoke comes out your pipes.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Is your oil whiteish and milky? If so that could also be a blown headgasket. Kinda strange though...we don't usually have headgasket problems. Even those of us running alot of power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts