Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear all

i've had the use of a carrera for the last month and what a blast it has been. the performance of the car is outrageous. how does this car compare to a vr4? from my point of view it does not have many of the gizmos and gadgets of our cars but it is damn fast and also very light (sometimes too light). it is a recent model so it has the auto rear spoiler which helps to steady it a bit although it still moves around just a bit too much for my comfort.

the best thing about the car is the location of the ignition. it is right in front of you on the dashboard so you don't have to break your neck trying to find the hole. anyway i look forward to some feedback from you techies and enthusiasts out there.

regards

taj

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
taj,
i will probably catch a bunch of crap for pimping anything but mitsubishi, but if you have the spare change, look into a acura nsx. supposed to be a GREAT sports car(i've done my fair share of reading on them), and of course the acura name is know for its quality and reliablity(the two issues that interested me in the nsx in first place). the nsx was my first choice before i purchased a 3000gt(no regrets at all). i didn't want to dump that much cash into a vehicle. you can find used 91-93 nsx's in the range of $25-35,000.
yes, i'm still a loyal 3si'er(if i could afford, i would have both)
sorry i didn't help you with your question.
just my $.02
kevin calvano, proud 93sl driver

[This message has been edited by kcalvano (edited December 08, 1999).]

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my humble opinion:
They're very different cars. The Carrera might be better suited to racing and autocross (as you say, it's lighter and arguably has brakes and transmission that can take more abuse).

The 3000gt, although very fast, is more of a grand touring car. For example, tThis summer I took it on a trip and could confortably fit tent, cooler, gear for two persons in the trunk. If it's going to be your only car, I would go for the 3000gt.

And, for price, they're definitely in a different league.

[This message has been edited by ivan (edited December 08, 1999).]

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have to agree with Kcalvano on this one. If you have the $'s get a NSX. That's jus my opinion. I own, 94 vr4 and 97 Nsx-T, both very different cars and very thrilling. But Different league all together. But if you are there in the market for selling your 3000Gt and getting a porsche or similiar I would say don't forget NSX as an option. They are great cars. But sois the Vr4.

Raja
94 Vr4

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Raja,
you have an nsx here in lawrence? do me a favor and let me check it out sometime so i can drool over it.
thanks,
kevin calvano

·
Registered
858 Posts
haha Sounds good kcalvano. Just let the finals be over I will bring it over to Lawrence (if the weather permits). It's in Kansas City in my garage stored away for winter though. But whenever is good to bring it out. I'll make sure I tell ya and we can go for a ride.

Raja
94 Vr4

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Daddy must be really good to you for
buying you the NSX. Your talking finals so I assume you are still a student. What a life!! Good Luck man thats a sweet car. I saw your site, nice setup

Sam 95 VR4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts