Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,905 Posts
If you haven't used poly motor mounts before, I am going to have to warn you that you will be losing a lot of comfort. It is quite a part that literally-physically changes how the car feels night-and-day.
I've purchased the poly mounts offline ones you have to press in which really isn't to hard to do
But these give you a little engine rumble in the cab
But I also installed a Fluidampr (crank pulley) this also eliminated 80% of engine vibration
So my comfort is 20% comprised but I like it
For my inside cab rumble ther is little to know noise what so ever though
Solid mounts your probably gonna wanna stay away from less you plan on full on race mode

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,905 Posts
If you cut the inner bands to the old bushing without cutting into your motor mount itself it's ok for a little damage don't cut way into it
The old bushings will then just fall right out
(Dremel again lol)
Ratchet strap and 2 pieces of 2x4 and some vaseline press the new ones not rocket science
Very easy to do

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,905 Posts
Just got off work
What I did with mine

Yeah trying to run full weighted car left alot of things alone but I try to keep it all some what original / but it is definitely not original

These also should come all black polyurethane as well online

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,905 Posts

Killed 3/4 of the rumble
Save a crankshaft
(91 cars will need to swap out PS pulley and or the PS pump and PS tensioner pulley for V belt to ribbed belt swap in order to run this Fluidampr harmonic balancer)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts