Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, currently got my trans out to do a clutch and just noticed that my drivers side engine mount has died and I need a new one

3SX charges 440 for a set of poly mounts, with tax and shipping and all that it'll prob approach $500, I'm a 17 year old kid with a pretty tight budget so I don't have that kind of dough to throw around atm

If anyone has a set of poly mounts they'd be willing to sell me for a good deal that would be awesome (y)

Attachments

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If you haven't used poly motor mounts before, I am going to have to warn you that you will be losing a lot of comfort. It is quite a part that literally-physically changes how the car feels night-and-day.
I've ridden in a buddies fully stripped gsr swapped 2000lb EF Civic set up for track, revs to 8600rpm, has solid engine mounts and wasn't really that bad

I bought all 4 prothane mounts off r'venge for 160$, and they just press right into the OEM brackets, if it's that awful I can get rubber or other, just gonna experiment

Once I can get a job and get some money, plan to buy some Arashi 15G or 20T turbos and make 450whp w/ supporting mods, so getting some better engine mounts while I got everything apart prob isn't a bad idea, stock car feels a bit dull, don't mind bit of extra vibration, I'll experiment

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suppose it's all subjective. Don't get me wrong, I've ridden in cars like you have too, and being raised in a racing-family/environment, it's not "ALL" that bad.

But from a general aspect, yes it's going to change how it feels, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Some people like it, some people don't. If you're going for power, at one point, it's going to be needed (or highly recommended to support it) and inevitable.

It just depends on what your goal/build is. Some people with purpose built race cars, of course you won't mind. But for the average, occasional weekend driver who wants to keep it stock or whatever, definitely not the way to go as an upgrade IMHO. All a matter of preference is all.
Yeah exactly!

Always good to know what you're getting into, I won't know if I'll like them or not until they're in the car, just gonna be a bit of experimentation

Reactions: VR Thor

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Completely agree. Personally if I were you, I would just send it with solid mounts if you're going for the big setup.
Lmaoo I'm a 17 year old kid with no money at the moment, with school work and sports I physically don't really have enough time to work and get money to spend on making the car insane so it'll take some time for it to get there

Until then the prothane ones will do it ig, plus I can just press them into the stuck mounts, not trying to spend $500+ on 3SX to get new brackets as well, seems kinda pointless

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got off work
What I did with mine

View attachment 307327

Yeah trying to run full weighted car left alot of things alone but I try to keep it all some what original / but it is definitely not original

These also should come all black polyurethane as well online
Yeah those are exactly what I ordered off R'venge, got em in red as well, might as well spice it up a bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts