Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
270 Posts
If you haven't used poly motor mounts before, I am going to have to warn you that you will be losing a lot of comfort. It is quite a part that literally-physically changes how the car feels night-and-day.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've ridden in a buddies fully stripped gsr swapped 2000lb EF Civic set up for track, revs to 8600rpm, has solid engine mounts and wasn't really that bad

I bought all 4 prothane mounts off r'venge for 160$, and they just press right into the OEM brackets, if it's that awful I can get rubber or other, just gonna experiment

Once I can get a job and get some money, plan to buy some Arashi 15G or 20T turbos and make 450whp w/ supporting mods, so getting some better engine mounts while I got everything apart prob isn't a bad idea, stock car feels a bit dull, don't mind bit of extra vibration, I'll experiment
I suppose it's all subjective. Don't get me wrong, I've ridden in cars like you have too, and being raised in a racing-family/environment, it's not "ALL" that bad.

But from a general aspect, yes it's going to change how it feels, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Some people like it, some people don't. If you're going for power, at one point, it's going to be needed (or highly recommended to support it) and inevitable.

It just depends on what your goal/build is. Some people with purpose built race cars, of course you won't mind. But for the average, occasional weekend driver who wants to keep it stock or whatever, definitely not the way to go as an upgrade IMHO. All a matter of preference is all.

Reactions: LionsTheBoss

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah exactly!

Always good to know what you're getting into, I won't know if I'll like them or not until they're in the car, just gonna be a bit of experimentation
Completely agree. Personally if I were you, I would just send it with solid mounts if you're going for the big setup.

• Haha
Reactions: LionsTheBoss
1 - 3 of 3 Posts