Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really getting pissed off, trying different oils and filter, in an effort to not have to dissasemble my cylinder heads to replace my lifters.

Sometimes they're quiet as a mouse, and other times, they are collapsed and tapping so badly, it actually effects the way my car runs, due to the valves not opening fully. This can lead to a burned exhaust valve, if it happens to be a collapsed exhaust valve lifter.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
The sad truth is, they're all eventually going to od it. You could replace the lifters, but It'd probably come back in 15k miles.

That's the way it worked with my 97 Eclipse GSx. I had the same lifter tick. I replaced the lifters and it ran super quiet. About half a year later, it came back. Doh! :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
I had it really bad in my 93. Had the whole set replaced at 30k miles. If you do a topic search you will find a few "cures" for occasional lifter noise but if they are doing it most of the time you are probably needing to replace. I believe the new lifters offered are an upgrade in response to this type of problem.

·
Registered
832 Posts
i don't believe it will hurt your car. and I believe the best filter for it is the mitsubishi filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts