Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Group buy for RPS MAX clutches and flywheel

• Yeah, I would be interested in both Flywheel and Clutch!!!

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Yeah, I would be interested, but only in the CLUTCH

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yeah, I would be interested, but only in the FLYWHEEL

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Nah, it doesn't sound like a good idea to me

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about setting up a Group Buy for RPS MAX series clutches and the RPS lightweight flywheel. Tell me whether you would be intereted in the clutch (street, 6puck solid, 6puck sprung) or the flywheel, or BOTH! Also, along with voting, please comment!

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
A group buy with who, DR? It would be nice to know the name of the company we would be buying parts from.

I'd be interested in a twin carbon/carbon if you could also add those to the group buy...

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tokaygecko said:
A group buy with who, DR? It would be nice to know the name of the company we would be buying parts from.

I'd be interested in a twin carbon/carbon if you could also add those to the group buy...
it would be nice to know the company wouldnt it? hehe, its just an interest, if this goes well, i'll talk to rps directly, and matt and see what kind of deal we could pull. :)

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
I'm with the carbon/carbon guys

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Looks like there is a big interest in the carbon/carbon clutches. I think we should just do a huge RPS group buy. Do you think you could do that Kujax?

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I'm interested in the twin disc carbon-carbon.

I have a brand new RPS Maxx sprung 6-puck and new Fidanza lightweight flywheel I'll let go cheap. I think I'll need somthing a bit stronger than this for my winter plans :)

·
Damn Money Pit!!!
1,796 Posts
How much would you want for just the 6-puck disc (sprung right?)???

I'm also interested in a single c/c setup!!! Rebuildable is awesome!!! And as long as nothing happens for another 2-3 months I'd be good to go!!

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Just a note, I'm starting a Group Buy on the South Bend Clutch DXD and DXD-B clutches. Either one $400 which INCLUDES the TOB (normally around $40, I think). If we get 15+ it will be $375 total.

That's a $50 or $75 discount from normal price, the group buy will run for 3 weeks and all clutches will ship the following day after it's over.

SBC is getting me all the info (they were supposed to get it to me last week but just moved their location so they got a little behind) but the DXD is supposed to hold conservatively 400hp to the wheels and have the same pedal pressure as the stock clutch (although clamping strength is like 15-20% stronger). The DXD-B is conservatively 450 (maybe 500, I'm not sure) at the wheels but is a little harder pedal pressure.

There's 3 or 4 guys that already have the DXD and they all love them. South Bend Clutch's owner's son has a Stealth TT with one in it and it's sweet. My car will have one once I get it back in about 3 weeks.

Anyway, I'll be putting up the start of the group buy, probably Monday or latest Tuesday. I know there's at least 5 guys already interested so it will be done quick!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts