1. I used an 80 grit 1 1/2"-2" sanding wheel on my pneumatic die grinder to
take off the rouch of the casting and all the casting lines on the back and
2. Dremel tool with a wire brush to get the cracks between the runners
3. tool from #1 with 120 grit on the whole thing, hand sand the areas you
cant get with the grinder
4. palm sander with 200 grit on the whole thing, hand sand the areas you
cant get with the sander
5. palm sander with 300 grit same as #4 and with 400 grit same as #4
5. Hand wet sand with 600 grit
6. conent with the finish I then got a small hard buffing wheel and put it
on the tool from #1 and with red rouge buffed it till I got a nice mirror
finish... cleaned it up with brake cleaner.
7. used flitz metal polish to get a nice luster.
and then the final product.
A forum community dedicated to all Mitsubishi 3000GT and Dodge Stealth owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, VR4 turbo upgrades, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!