Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering, for you unlucky souls who have had the engines or transmissions blow on them, if you could post the milage and cause of the failure. I'm basically trying to get a real idea how long on average these engines/trannys are good for.

So if you guys could please post how many miles the car had, what went wrong, and the year of the car, it would be really helpful! Also, if you could make a quick comment about any warning signs you had before the part blew, it would be really helpful!

Thanks!
--Joe

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
I have 118k miles on my VR-4. My engine looks/runs great. No leaks, sounds good the ocasonal lifter tick early in the morning.
Although my Engine ECU died on me.

I am not the first owner of my car. The previous owner said they changed the transmission at 85k miles. He said his sister learnd to drive a stick with the car on the old tranny:rolleyes:

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I got 80k on my SL, sometimes doesn't go into 1st but I see several people with that problem, and its not always happy about going into reverse. Again another common problem.
Engine runs fine, no problems.

-Jeff

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I cant shift til Im at a dead stop.

-Jeff

·
4,613 Posts
I am pulling my motor and trans today :D the motor is fine... somehow the timming belt slipped and toasted the heads... and that is at 121k but there is only 30k on the rebuild... rebuilt engine at 93k becuase of spun rod bearing (oil pump failure) and rebuilt trans at 120k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts