Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at upgrading my center gauges to 60mm greddy units and then two egts in a pillar pod.... if I put 2 52mm gauges in the pillar would it look weird since they are smaller than the center gauges? I would also change the 3 main to match the rest... what do you guys think?

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
I've owned the apexi, best looking by far. I saw Greddy in person a bit back, looks like shit IMHO. The green was repulsive.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have the Greddy 60mm, white face peak hold/warning. I like them a lot. I don't care for the Apexi's. Just goes to show that tastes vary.

Why not go with 2-60mm's in the A-pillar (I did)? That way you can also get peak hold and warning on your EGT gauges which is useful.

Here is a photo of the 3 center gauges.

Chris
1994 VR4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Perspective photo.

Shows the A-pillar gauges, the white face replacement of the main cluster (NR Auto white faces) and the three center gauges.

I have other photos and angles if you need to see them.

Chris
1994 VR4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Not the best pic, but you can get an idea ;)

Attachments

·
curt93T/T
5,079 Posts
I hope I don't step on any toes, but I think replacing the center gauges with aftermarket looks like crap. They don't look natural in there. On the other hand I have a lot of people ask me if the gauges on my pillar came stock.

·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like them so your not stepping on my toes... thanks for the input.. what do you think about different sized gauges in the pillar pods? there is no reason for 60mm egt's so if I can save some money and it still look good.. I am afraid it will look off though... also anyone have any pics of the greddy gauges at night?

·
Registered
844 Posts
pokey said:
heres mine. colors have been changed though.
Looks like a 747 cock pit!:p Very nice custom job, wish I knew what I was looking at.

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
The center EGTs/Apexi AVC-r is customed by AAM.

Black94VR4

Attachments

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
by changing colors i mean that the white accents are mostly gone, and replaced with light grey. heres another.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
679 Posts

·
Sport Leisure
1,110 Posts
i noticed a lot of you guys put either gauges, or digital boost or air/fuel controllers in place of the air conditioning vents.. do you re-route the vents to come out elsewhere, or just block them off? do you mind not having vents in the center? on a hot summer day i think that might kill me to not have vents there.. but it does look good

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
mine are rerouted, so is the hazard switch. the left one comes out to the right of the drivers knee where the 2 switches used to be.

the right one comes out to the left of the passenger knee, in the right side of the center thingie.

It gets 120 here in az. :eek:

Heres a pic.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts