Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm getting tired of this. This morning, I start my car to go to work.. JUST GREAT!! The coolant light comes on.. So now, at 6am, in the pouring rain, I have to add coolant.. Drive 20 min down the road to work.. The car sits all day. Start her up to drive home and to my surprise.. The coolant light is on again.. So I added more..

What's the deal here guys?? twice in one day?? I thought twice a week was bad when this first started.. Now I'll be adding more coolant every time I stop at a freakin' stop light...

Can anyone out there help me out?? anyone knows what wrong?? ANYTHING would be appreciated..

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

M

·
0 Posts
you probably have a cracked hose, or radiator tank. Has so be leaking pretty fast somewhere and those are two commom failure areas in the coolant system for most cars anyways. Check through all your hoses and radiator extensively. If its leaking that fast you should find some kind of crack somewhere.

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
You replaced you water pump already, right? How hot did it get? You might have a blown head gasket and it is being burned. Does you exhaust smell funny, like antifreeze? Do you have an excess amount of condensation from you exhaust? Check your oil to see if it is foamy from water, if not it is probably being burned. It has to be going somewhere. How much water are you adding to bring it up to normal?

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some more info...

the car has just under 100,000 miles on it.. and the previous owner had ALL of the work done when it was time.. the 60k tune-up took care of the water pump, right??

I have a 1 liter squeeze bottle that I use.. I use about 1/2 of it each time I go to fill up the tank.. I'll check ASAP to see if there are any cracks anywhere like you suggested.

I'll let you guys know what I find.. Keep your suggestions coming if you have 'em...

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
silverbullet,
it's not always the coolant...I own a 96 Vr4...and that lite covers the coolant, washer fluids....I don't know about yours...but should be the same....so check your washer fluids

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Point.. I'll check on that tomorrow.. ome to think of it, I may be low on the washer fluid.. I usually never check my rear fluid level..

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

1 - 6 of 6 Posts