Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my precat eliminators and installed the Blitz DSBC DC.

Now I feel and hear pops from the exhaust at idling and the idling is not smooth. Which seems it is rich.

Also I need the DSBC DC installation and setting information.

I am so upset feeling that there is something wrong with my car.

It seems it started after installing the DSBC. Is it possible fixing it by resetting the ECU for 30 mins or so.

·
I'm Back
1,839 Posts
the popping could be something completely different. check your spark plugs and wires...whens the last time you replaced them?

i didnt install my own boost controller, but i know most of what is involved and i dont see how that would affect anything. you could try disconnecting the battery for awhile and restarting it up. also, if you think you are running rich...confirm that. does your exhaust smell like fuel? typically when you run an exhaust mod with no fuel management, you run a litter richer. i would think that you dont have an exhaust leak either since you did the precats.

chris

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please help

93V said:
the popping could be something completely different. check your spark plugs and wires...whens the last time you replaced them?
chris
I bought my car new. I couldn't receive any history from the owner. I replaced everything on the car as it is serviced for 60.000 Miles. Timing belt to spark plugs, NGK 8mm Cables, test pipe, everything.

I will try to reset the ECU.

Do you mean that it can be an exhaust leak.If yes than I will check the exhaust again.

·
I'm Back
1,839 Posts
well..

it could be, but the symptoms dont sound right, and you would be able to hear an exhaust leak

the popping and nasty idle could also be a slight vacuum leak. check to be sure you connected all the vacuum hoses correctly after installing the boost controller

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
For the DSBC: The skinny hose on the back of the unit should hook up to a vacuum source, What I did is t-bone it to the same hose that runs to my Boost gauge-saves routing another hose through the firewall.

For the Actuator unit, there are two connections, the IN port is for the pressure source from the turbo, the OUT port connects to the actuator or wastegates

It is my understanding...since the directions are not very clear for our vehicle, that one of the hoses will fit onto the nipple that sits on the elbow of the Y-pipe. (probably the IN port)

Stealth316.com has a description with pictures on how to install an EVC IV, take a look to determine which hoses to connect to. Trying to describe it myself just makes it more confusing. But the hoses you are looking for branch off of an F fitting and run up to the factory solenoid. One of these is the actuator hose.

The instruction manual says to mount the control unit within 3 feet of the turbos or it may impact boosting performance. You can run the harness plug through the firewall plug above the steering column area. What I did was slice the plug using a long butcher knife, then stuck a metal dowel rod-(a straightened wire coathanger wire would work) through the hole and into the passenger compartment (from the engine side) then used duct tape to secure the plug to the dowel, then pulled hard until it came through the dash hole.

I just routed the harness this weekend and mounted the unit in the dash below the stereo unit. I plan on hooking up the hoses as soon as I figure out which is which....the old EVC IV has 3 hoses not 2.

Lord Warlock

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please help

Thank you very much for your replies.

I will check the hoses for the stock selenoid. May be I did something wrong there.

The rest I am sure that I did right because the logic is the same with my wrx.

In from the manifold to measure the map.

Out to the westgates to let them work :)

I am sure I did something wrong while I was closing the hoses and the selenoid.

Hope it works :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts