Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need all the suggestions I can get. I'm looking to fork over around $1800 to a place in Washington (www.zsport.com) for a motor. Problem is, I want to know what I can do to protect myself from being ripped off. I don't have any specific reason to doubt this place, but $1800 is a lot of money! Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
use a credit card!

R

·
0 Posts
Be sure to get insurance through the post office on the shipping. I dont know how much that will run but better safe than sorry.

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
Gatecrasher.....Is this a "used" motor? And you want assurance that it will be a "good" engine? If this is the case, there really is no way that you will know for sure until the engine is reinstalled into your Stealth. And then, if it's not what it's supposed to be, the burden of proof will be on your shoulders, as will be all the labor spent for nothing. I would pay the price for a "new" motor if I were you. Then you know what you have. Now if this IS a "new" motor and you just want assurance that this place will "deliver the goods" so to speak, then make them send it COD. As in the previous post, using a credit card is also good advice. Hope this helps instead of just adding more confusion to your decision.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts