Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
JuSt A nOOb
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE 3/15/2010

As requested by green-lantern, i have remade the diagram so it wont confuse anyone.

THE RESISTOR GOES ON THE B+ SIDE-thanks to those who clairified it

I added the other side of the rear injector harness(for refrence wise)

Wiring Details---

Rear B+(Positive side):
Green
Red w/ White Stripe
Red

Rear - (Negative side)
Yellow w/ White Stripe
White
Brown

Front B+(Pos)
Red
Red
Red

Front - (Neg)
Green w/ Black stripe
Green w/ Yellow stripe
Green

WHERE TO BUY THE RESISTORS
Just thought id add this i believe these are the resistors. I used 6 of them. This is the best place to buy them from, one of my fav online retailers.

Parts-Express.com:Dayton DNR-5.6 5.6 Ohm 10W Precision Audio Grade Resistor | dayton dnr zobel thermal resistor non-inductive audio grade network l-pad ceramic precision attenuator
How it should look like when done:

Here you go I hope this helps
Some INFO:
The na 3s has high impedance injectors,the turbo 3s has low impedance injectors.
If you use the injectors from the tt you will need the extra resistor.
Its based off the injectors not the ECU. You could get high impedence 360 injectors and run no resistors but high impedence is less clean of a signal and therefore not as good. Low impedence is cleaner and more precise. If it were the ECU I'm sure Mitsu would not have added a resistor pack to the VR4 if they could have just done it while putting the new fuel maps and such in the TT ECU.

*Note this is my view on the situation and holds no proof or authority over anyone elses ideas. But tell me if I'm right I'd like to know :D

HAVE FUN!!

Helpful links
Turbocharging a 1993 Dodge Stealth R/T
Wiring diagram on page 3

CREDIT:
This Info Was gathered through SEARCH Button and Bobthegreat's Website and Alldata
***Thanks to every one that helped clairify and contruibute to the problem
Import Power--green-lantern--lDoomZdaYl--Beckerb--Crazycorys92gt--RBY3KGT--turbochris--levani041491
if i forgot you, im sry(lmk and ill add you)
-If you see any mistakes please let me know so i can fix..thanks:D

BELOW IS THE UPDATED DIAGRAM ALSO

Attachments

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Damn it’s been so long I can’t remember. LOL

Where did you get the diagram? Did you make it?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
The resistors are in series with the injectors. Power is provided to the resistor pac on pin 4. The output to the injectors are on pins 8,6,1,2,5, and 7. These go to pin 1 on each injector. Pin 2 on the injectors go to the ECU. (pins 1,2,3,16,15,14)....

·
Worki it...
547 Posts
Interesting... curious too.. Where do you get the resistors from? what's are the specs of these resistors? (Newbie to TT swap here...)

·
JuSt A nOOb
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting... curious too.. Where do you get the resistors from? what's are the specs of these resistors? (Newbie to TT swap here...)
some one posted a link awhile ago and i bought some....

frm bob the great's website--"These resistors are not present on non-turbo wiring harnesses, but they are still needed with these injectors. After examining both TT and N/A wiring harnesses, I decided that it would be more trouble than it was worth to use the stock TT resistor pack. Instead, I purchased six 5.6 Ohm 10W non-inductive resistors, and set about wiring them in series with each injector. Standard inductive resistors will work, but will "dirty" the signal, giving the ECU slightly less precise control over the injectors."

·
AWD rules
1994 3000GT SL TT ATX
4,518 Posts
I can't remember where I purchased mine from since its been a while, but I know 3SX sells them.

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
this is how the resistors should be soldered in correct? just want to confirm, b4, i go and hack away on harness... thanks:D
Yes, that is correct, in series on the Positive wire of the injectors

-Chris

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
yea i made it...i kinda have a wiring diagram..but just want to make sure its the right ones
Pretty nice acualy, I looked some but couldn't remember where I got the info from and mine are all hidden. I might put it in the TT conversion thread if you don't mind.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
ha I remember now, I put them on the other side of the plug and the wires change on the other side (on the rear). I talked to jgroove on the phone about it and got it figured out (thanks John). The fronts are so easy but the rear is confusing the way its wired.

Turbocharging a 1993 Dodge Stealth R/T

At the bottom of the page Bob has them on the plug side but I didn't like the way it looked. I don't think I ever found something very clear about mounting them on the other side of the plug. This thread makes me 2nd guess myself LOL.

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
I need to correct this. I miss stated in my prior post but corrected it.

The Resistor goes in line on the B+ wire of each injector NOT on the negative ECU signal wire.

-Chris

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
I need to correct this. I miss stated in my prior post but corrected it.

The Resistor goes in line on the B+ wire of each injector NOT on the negative ECU signal wire.

-Chris
OK just to confirm, the drawing is still correct right? Because I’m pretty sure I have mine wired this way.

·
JuSt A nOOb
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
b+ as in the 1 green and the red wires(on my drawing the? b/c the one side shares the same power source..so wouldnt u only need one resistor?

·
JuSt A nOOb
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sure^^^ mines all wired up and running...but now im just confused on if i did it wrong

1 - 20 of 56 Posts