Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am driving along the tollway going Christmas shopping when I pass an onramp to my right and see a black Vette, which I see is a Z06 after I pass by him. I'm cruising about 80 mph, and I see the Z06 get up to speed behind me and a few cars back. Well, I wasn't planning on running him, but then some jerk in a mercedes decides to zoom up and ride my ass. The cars next to me are doing just a little less than I am, so he had to wait until I passed them before he could switch lanes and go around.

Well, I got pissed that some yuppie (who isn't even driving a sports car!) would dare try to tailgate me. So as soon as he whips around, I downshift to 3rd and nail it. It takes no effort at all to leave him in the dust (Merc 430) but then I see in my rear view that the Z06 decided to play too. He also gunned it, at this point I had already accelerated to 130 and had shifted back to 5th and was slowing down, I was at around 100 when I noticed him gaining. So I downshift to 4th to see how fast he wants to play. My speed goes back up to 130... 140... 150... and I shut down, cars in front of me and he slowly closing the gap between us. We didnt' take the same exit, but we each gave each other the thumbs up and went on our way.

·
www.GTRacing.ca
923 Posts
How do you think you would have done with your mods against a Z06?

Is there any way you can tell the VISUAL difference between the older 385BHP models and the newer 405BHP models??

·
Premium Member
6,400 Posts
GTR John said:
How do you think you would have done with your mods against a Z06?

Is there any way you can tell the VISUAL difference between the older 385BHP models and the newer 405BHP models??
The 405 Z06 has a little 405hp below the Z06 emblem. Hard to see whle driving.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've raced against 7-8 of these things, and I have no way of knowing whether they were the 405 hp ones or the 385. I've never raced one from a stop, though that is about to change since a friend of mine just bought a brand new one (still going through the break in period.) Every time I've gone from a roll on, I've won, except for today, I could tell that he was gaining on me at higher speeds. Most of the races I did from a punch were from 70 or so to 120 (third gear.) Now, there's some members on this board who call BS at that, but that's a fact. Whether or not they chose the proper gear to race me in is up to debate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.