Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy there, just got my car back together after a clutch change and bled the clutch fluid properly and went to start my car up. It won’t go into gear, the clutch fork has a lot of play(it doesn’t push back on the clutch slave cylinder like it used to), I know I installed the tob correctly, it’s pretty straight forward. Any advice as to why this would be?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Howdy there, just got my car back together after a clutch change and bled the clutch fluid properly and went to start my car up. It won’t go into gear, the clutch fork has a lot of play(it doesn’t push back on the clutch slave cylinder like it used to), I know I installed the tob correctly, it’s pretty straight forward. Any advice as to why this would be?
Extra: changed the flywheel and clutch with parts from rock auto. Replaced it with a Sachs flywheel and an MPact Increased torque clutch kit. Perhaps I installed the clutch backwards? I noticed when I put the pressure plate back on, it didn’t mount flush to the flywheel I thought this was normal and couldn’t remember if that’s how it was when it came off. But I went ahead and tightened the pressure plate down until it mounted flush to the flywheel…only then did it torque.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pressure plate should mount flush to the flywheel. There are guide pins that need to line up with holes in the PP.

Beyond that, the slave cyl may need to be bled.
Perhaps, the clutch fork has no pressure on it, maybe I’ll try bleeding the system more, replaced the slave cylinder,
That sounds normal as far as torquing down flush. Not sure why I didn't see that 2nd post earlier. May just need bleeding or pedal adjustment.
ok, I’ll definitely try bleeding it first with another 2$ bottle of dot3 to make absolutely sure there’s no air and then I’ll adjust the pedal(I notice that the clutch pedal starts building pressure somewhere about halfway in the push… replaced the Clutch Release cylinder so that could explain any possible air(even though I bled it until clean fluid came out). It might need both.

·
Flasher
9,738 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "the clutch fork has no pressure on it". Like you can move it in and out by hand?

Reactions: Jordengrandcanyon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure what you mean by "the clutch fork has no pressure on it". Like you can move it in and out by hand?
I could move the clutch fork back and forth at least two inches(until the throw out bearing touched the pressure plate…turns out I needed to adjust the clutch pedal and it now disengages the clutch properly. Dumb me I was trying to disengage the clutch with my hands thinking I could put enough force on the fork in order to disengage the clutch. I learned a lot here.

·
Premium Member
1994 3000GT VR4
933 Posts
Glad to hear that it adjusted out and nothing got knocked out of place or required disassembly (like the fork pivot, etc.). That can be quite a job to replace the clutch in the car, mainly to get the trans lined up and bolted on. Want to say I had to do one twice one time for some odd reason, and that wasn't fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sir: did you "bleed the clutch slave cylinder before your repair. I believe you bled the line to the slave cylinder but it has an air bubble trapped inside the cylinder itself. Bleed before installing, good luck ...

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,245 Posts
Sir: did you "bleed the clutch slave cylinder before your repair. I believe you bled the line to the slave cylinder but it has an air bubble trapped inside the cylinder itself. Bleed before installing, good luck ...
He’s already fixed it by adjusting clutch pedal. See his #7 post second above yours where he said …turns out I needed to adjust the clutch pedal and it now disengages the clutch properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
He’s already fixed it by adjusting clutch pedal. See his #7 post second above yours where he said …turns out I needed to adjust the clutch pedal and it now disengages the clutch properly.
Thank you! I don't have the navigation down yet on this program and did not see his posts, but I will. I would not have thought of the clutch pedal adjustment. I would assume that indicates someone had adjusted it before. I changed the clutch on my first 91, but not my VR-4. I am learning as hoped, thank you...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts