Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the bezel in my dash according to the service manual for my 91 Stealth. Of course the "authors" forgot to mention that there are 2 plastic peices on the bottom of the bezel that you need to push up with a tool to get the bezel loose. They are made so cheap! I popped the bezel out and broke one of the pins! I'M PISSED! All I wanted to do was check to see if a bulb was burned out for my ECS light. You basically have to tear apart the dash to get to the bulbs! Anyone have any short cuts, or any ideas, or anything to help without me busting more plastic pins? :(

·
Registered
580 Posts
trust me on this those service manuals arent very good at all they miss out lots of important useful information. Its pretty much read try and pray...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marius said:
trust me on this those service manuals arent very good at all they miss out lots of important useful information. Its pretty much read try and pray...
Thanks for the information. I hope that the broken plastic pin, or latch, doesn't cause a squeak. I'll take your advice on read, try, and mainly, pray! :)

·
I am the 1.85% =
2,362 Posts
Well I read your other post about the ECS and recommended you check the bulb, I just say this one so I guess you already did that! It should be ok as long as there is one pin

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bulb

RickyN29 said:
Well I read your other post about the ECS and recommended you check the bulb, I just say this one so I guess you already did that! It should be ok as long as there is one pin
After I broke the "pin" off, I didn't take out the instrument cluster to check the light. I was disgusted at myself for breaking the part. I'll have to go back in and check the bulb out. :mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RickyN29 said:
BTW, Nice 91 T/T! I live in the Central Valley, just north of Fresno. :p

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
can you super glue it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Super Glue

StealthR/T91 said:
can you super glue it
I'm going to give that a shot. I saw a show on SpeedVision and some guy showed a new type of glue that will seal anything permanently within seconds! I just wish I had the link to the site. On the bottom of the bezel there are two plastic clips, and if you don't know they're there, you'll break them trying to pull the bezel out. If you've never removed your bezel, now you know where they're located! Nice R/T and Nice Viper in your sig! Mopar Forever! :dodge:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts