Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1995 VR-4
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well boost is def gonna be one of them, i like the greddy one (black and backlit green,) but anyone know if they make on in psi?? also, wat other 2 guages should i get. i'm looking into air/fuel, but i notice alot of pople get egt guages. isn' t the point of egt to monitor air/fuel?? so why should i choose egt oer air/fuel?? also what should my third guage be??

·
Registered
561 Posts
My A-pillar gauge pod setup has boost and two egt (all Geddy 60mm white). I chose egt's to ensure that I wouldn't start melting pistons if either bank of pistons was leaning out. Also, doesn't the A/F get its data from the O2's (which in our cars aren't that accurate)? I also plan to log for knock using pocketlogger.

Ross

·
Mr. Self Destruct
417 Posts
Don't get one of the blinking A/F guages...they're useless. You're better off getting two EGT gauges (one for each bank) or one EGT and a oil pressure gauge.

·
Mr. Self Destruct
417 Posts
Re: hmmm

VR-4Maniac said:
EGT, boost, A/F

what do you mean that the "blinking" a/f gauges are useless? can you elaborate please? im just wondering if I should be swapping my led gauge out for something more accurate
The problem with the "blinking light" gauges like the autometer gauge is that they're not accurate enough to tell you anything important. It can still show up as running rich even if you're not. You're better off with a datalogger or the Jumptronix unit which will give you a numeric display. Basically all it's good for is to tell you if your O2 sensor is working. ;) They are also NOT reliable enough to tune off of, unlike an EGT gauge. If you have a SAFC and do the blue wire mod or you have a datalogger then they are useless.

See http://www.jumptronix.com/
or http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclgages.htm for more info. I had one in the eclipse 2 years ago and it's now sitting in the garage...waste of $30 and the blinking is annoying. ;)

·
1995 VR-4
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so....

hwyflyer is right about our inaccurate 02 sensors?? wtf is up with that, it seems that all of our stock guages/sensors are inaccurate. well i guess boost, egt, and a/f sounds good.

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
I am planning on running boost, egt, and air fuel. I am going to tap both the front and rear bank for egt and then run them into a switch and then into one guage. That way I can have one guage but monitor both the front and rear bank with the flip of a switch.

·
Modern Blacksmith
479 Posts
their prices really aren't high....espesially considering that their guage pods are full pillar replacements...and fully molded together......and all hand made....

but if you want crappy looking guage pods in your car go ahead and buy the cheap ones

1 - 14 of 14 Posts