Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Show me your twins
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Making this thread just so the info doesn’t get lost in time. Nothing really useful but just good to know lol.

Anyways, there isn’t much info out there about the Pit Road M mirrors for these cars. There were rumors that the mirrors themselves were from Ganador and I can now confirm that they are. All Ganadors have a stamped chassis number on the back (behind a cardboard cover) that the mirrors correspond to. Guess what mirrors PRM used? JZA80. Aka MK4 Toyota Supra mirrors.

Since this is a 2 piece ordeal, the “base” that PRM made merely adapts it to our cars.

If I was in a pinch I could probably sell the mirrors to the Supra guys for pretty penny lol.

Other bits of info is that these are obviously not LHD friendly. Can’t see much out of the passenger side. Driver side is fine. Some convex mirrors (the glass part) help but they are not cheap. The base needed new holes (2; as seen in pics) to accommodate LHD. The mirror mounting points are different/switched since this platform uses asymmetric mirrors.

Mirrors are powered but I had to do some trial and error to make them work. The wiring/connector on the mirror side was chopped off (used set) but it would not have been plug and play either way because all VR4s have heated mirrors while I *think all GTO’s were not (also most were power folding). In other words the connectors are not the same. I may draw out a diagram later on for future reference for whomever wants to wire them up to their own car.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,590 Posts
I always assumed these replaced the black plastic triangle piece in a clean way. That adapter is horrible.

·
Show me your twins
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I always assumed these replaced the black plastic triangle piece in a clean way. That adapter is horrible.
It does replace the triangle pieces. Looks funky I agree. Couldve done a better job. But ehh i like them overall.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Although I think it could look better, the adapter is actually a clever solution. Moving to this type of mirror requires covering or filling the holes left by the factory mirror mounting locations. The amount of body filling and painting needed to cleanly fill those holes would make this type of change pretty expensive. A simple cover reduces the body work costs dramatically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts