·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
I like it.

·
Tire Pumper Extraordinair
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed him asking if it's custom. Now, I know common wisdom is that there was no gold from the factory. However, look at the headlights. Either he took them appart and did a really good job on it or....?

I think better pictures would do it more justice. I personally am 'neutral' towards it (maybe like it a bit). I think silver would look <b>really</b> good on a second gen. Anyone have pics or know of one for sale (94+)?

Oh ya- I saw a <b>pink</b> (I kid you not) 2nd gen 3000GT for sale about a year ago. (And I mean hot barbie pink!) It was all custom. It actually didn't look as aweful as I thought it would.

Ted

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Do you mean the sandstorm metalic (3000GT) and Beige/Wheat colors (Stealth) on the 1st gens? I've never before seen a 3/s 2nd gen in gold (or silver 3000GT for that matter).

Ted

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
I wouldn assume an N/A as well. It's an auto. I actually think it looks good in that pic.

·
McStealthless
1,456 Posts
I've seen it!!!

I've seen this car in person. The guy works right around the corner from me. Tried to start a conversation with him in traffic one day and he came across as a total prick. It looks pretty sharp in person. I asked him about the color and he said that it IS a custom job. For those wondering his car is not a VR-4.... it also wears some cheap looking rims (IMHO).

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I emailed him and got this back:

<i>"No. The original color was dark green. This was a custom job done by Tallahassee Motors. It's a complete job -- door jams, inside hatch, etc. Some people suggested I might lower the value by customizing -- others might think it was in an accident. But, I can assure you that the car has never been in a collision and it runs great!!!"</i>

Ted

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looks more like a "Doo-Doo Brown" color to me. :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, but I use 245/40/ZR18. Plus I'm broke :)

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ack! I'm getting blind in my old age. I didn't even see the size listed in your sig! :D

Ted

·
Missing my VR4
130 Posts
Custom or Not..........I like it.......

I think the color is unique................isn't that why we all own 3KGT's??

I know that is why I wanted and got one. Really don't see to many around and I love to see people's faces when I pull up to a light or pass them in traffic.

With that said..............I think that color kicks ass. I may have looked at it if I didn't already have one.......SL or no SL. For a decent price........it would be most excellent to add to the stable b/c it is double unique.

My .02:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
tbadiuk said:
I emailed him asking if it's custom. Now, I know common wisdom is that there was no gold from the factory. However, look at the headlights. Either he took them appart and did a really good job on it or....?
Ted
It's not easy but it can be done. I split mine and painted them polished aluminum. They look almost white in these pictures but people that see them actually think they're aluminum inside. I got the idea from Vipers, Porsche's, NSX's, and other cars I've seen with aluminum headlight bezels and surrounds.

Black cars are different though than the other colors because there is no paint is on the inside of the lens. Black 3K's have a black plastic cover inside. That is what I took out and painted. The other colored cars still have this black plastic cover but you can't see it under the colored paint on the inside of the lens.
:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts