Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Whoooosh
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got ahold of a digital camera and took some pics of my car over Thanksgiving. Let me know what you think.
Tim

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,547 Posts
It brings tears to my eyes....its BEAUTIFUL!!!

I've owned two VR4's now, and I never thought I'd want a Stealth, but believe it or not, if the right one happened to cross my path, I'd ditch my Jeep and get it.

Love the white too. Classic beauty.

Bob.:)

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
WOW I think I just saw my TWIN. Look at my sig HAHA. Same car same color, same rims, and damn it if we have close to the same mods. I must admit we have good taste. Under my hood I have a silver vacumn kit as opposed to red. I had red interior but ditched it for katskinz. I'll post a few pics.

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
Love the hardpipe kit. She looks awesome. I think the Modas are some of the sweetest looking 5 spoke wheels out there. Good choice.

It must be tough keeping your 3/S clean with all of that dust though. Am I right?

·
TPW Educator
1,602 Posts
DAAAAAMNNNNN

Your car looks Great!!!!

·
Whoooosh
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey thanks for all the comments everyone. It made all the time I spent dressing my engine bay up worth it.

Prodigy3000, yeah it is a pain keeping it clean with all the dust. I have about a 1/4 mile winding dirt road from the paved road to the house where I keep my car. I curse that road everytime I am forced to drive it (although it is fun to drift around the dirt corners:icon23: )

VR-4 Maniac - As for dressing up the engine bay, I got 10 feet of red silicon vacuum hose from my friend that works at a truck part store for pretty cheap and we used that to replace most of the visible vacuum hose on the car. Then I got some plastic (I don't know what the "official" name is) hose with a crack down the middle so you can open it up and wrap it around stuff to go on some hoses, metal lines, fuel injector wires, etc. Anything that could be wrapped got wrapped. Then I took off a few of the metal brackets and the cruise control box and 1200 degree high temp painted them red with a 500 degree clear coat on top. Then I put in the DN intercooler pipe upgrade kit (remember to reverse the flow of the front right intercooler - took me a damn while to figure that out). I then ordered some of 3SX's dress up parts, like the turbo bundle, plenum harness cover, oil cap, and polished spark plug cover. It wasn't that hard to do, and I enjoy making my engine bay look nice so I did it. 3SX has a lot of the dress up stuff you would need, or you could look around for it elsewhere.
I now have a stainless steel tube wrap (like a chinese finger trap - got it at Checker) with red anodized aluminum ends on my radiator hoses, and I will soon be getting my plenum polished.

I am thinking about getting my front valve cover powder coated red. What do you all think? Should I leave it black because there is already a lot of red, or powder coat it red? Also, does anyone know how hot turbo heat shields get, because I want to high temp paint mine silver? Will the 1200 degree silver work, or does it get hotter than that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.