Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got done putting these on and I love them. I think they look a lot better than the stock ambers. Here is a before shot of the car with the original ambers:

Here is after:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its black..that first pic was taken during the day like a month ago when it was partly sunny soI can see why you thought it was blue...I took the other ones tonight..gotta love this cold front coming through Wisconsin right now...

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
Should have left well enough alone.. Just my $.02.. looks tacky.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are made from the same material as the stock ones i think...they feel the same...I plan on using some of the "nightshade" spray paint to make it not so white..

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
They look nice man...just got mine today..hehe

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know what you mean about the flames. :( I bought them for my old car and just thought that I would put them on my stealth. Bad Idea. They will be coming off shortly.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
RICE - O - MATIC FLAMES....LOL J/K

·
Registered
232 Posts
I like the blacked out lenses on our cars. It makes them look more stealthy. I used three coats on the front and one on the back. Had I another chance to do it again I would put 1 coat in the front and 1 in the back. I've had it on for over a month and so far no chips or peeling anywhere. White looks alright, amber slightly better, but black is the way to go. just my opinion

kyo

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Looks better than stock, but I think blacked out lenses would look much better. I have a black 91 RX7 with all black lenses, and it looks mean.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
How do I black out my lenses man???

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think most people use stuff called nite shades by VHT. It works really well. I took off all my blinkers(front and back) and the red reflector on the back. It looks good. Dries real smooth and hard. If you need the part # let me know and I can find it. I got it from Summitracing.com for around $13.00 w/shipping. 1 can can do everything.

kyo

·
3/S Addict
1,561 Posts
Glad yall like everything. If for some reason anything isn't up to standards, I am always willing to fix the problem. Thanks again.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
I would like to see the front corners blacked out on a Stealth, I think I would like to do something like that. Nothing too heavy, but a little darker than now, just to complete the look of the black fixture.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
randy_tho said:
How is this? Too much? I think it would look better if it were real. BTW....it is pretty cool when you can see a squirrel in the tree from the reflection on the car. :D Nice wax job!

Damn that car is shiney. HEHE

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.