Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide on an intake system to remove my MAS. The HKS and the AAM intake systems are the only ones I've found - does anyone have pictures of these installed on a VR-4?

Thanks,
- Brian

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ARC's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm running speed density maps on my AEM EMS, so I don't need an airflow meter at all any more. I'm not looking to replace my MAS - I want to remove it! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Rich you beat me to the punch but thanks bro. I was in the process of up loading some real nice pics but for now take a look at this link from our website: http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/chuck.html

I'll get the other pics up shortly.

Thanks, Joe

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That AAM setup really does look a lot nicer than the HKS. And I'm glad to see I can put my DIS-4 where I want to. :)

How far back does the metal tubing go? To the stock rubber pipes coming off the turbos, or does it go all the way back to the turbos?

·
Registered
321 Posts
pic 1

·
Registered
321 Posts
pic 1

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
pic 2

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
pic 3

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
pic 4

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
pic 5

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
pic 6

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
This set up is definitely the best on the market. Each K&N filter is good for about 1000 CFM!!! There's no way any of us could out flow these bad boys. Not to mention with a K&N you never have to worry about buying replacement elements like the HKS intake. The billet aluminum adapter is CNC machined from the highest quality aluminum on the market. The adapters are all coated with a protective clear powder coating to insure a long life with no pitting or corrossion that commonly plagues raw aluminum under the hood. Each of the inlets of the adapter plate have a velocity stack design built into them for optimum flow. The velocity stack design which no other intake currently on the market will increase the speed of the air flow entering into the intake making the AAM Spec. VPC/AEM-EMS intake the best one out there. For any questions feel free to give us a call @301.330.8835.

·
Registered
321 Posts
ActiveAero - we do make a intake for the cars with the MAS as well. It is made of the same material and also has a similar velocity stack design built into it as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
I just bought this setup from a board member. Very nice construction. The aluminum piece is extremely well designed.

Very, very sweet!

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
But is it the filters and two elbows or does it do the piping all the way back to the turbos? I'm really after that, and so far the only one I've seen is the DN one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.