Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Rockin' AEM in winter
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the F-body event at Road America this last weekend, and I took a ton of pictures on Saturday. I thought I would share a few.

Some of our 3S representation:

Jack T.

Oskar working in the paddock....

Jon working on a DSM in the paddock....

Philip working on his car in the paddock....I'm seeing a Mitsubishi trend here....

·
Oh SNAP!!!
6,115 Posts
nice pics...

·
Rockin' AEM in winter
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some random cars that I liked:

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Nice! How did Jack do? Should we expect a full write-up from Jack??? I'm excited to hear about this :)

·
Rockin' AEM in winter
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A cool sequence of an uppity Espirit....looks like I was in the right place at just the right time!

Let off the brakes and take off before the next car can catch up....

A not so lucky guy who wiped out at turn 6 (just over the hill and to the left in the previous pics)....

·
Rockin' AEM in winter
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People just love to see destruction....

*sigh*

Oh well, here are some more shots of the Z06 and a Suburu:

·
Crayon/Cheeto Box!!!
859 Posts
those 2 accidents must have happened sunday, unless it was after 330 on saturday, since i left around that time. i still had a good time on saturday while i was there.

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
You gotta be kidding me -- you don't have more pics of Jack's VR4? Forget the subie and the 'Vette.

·
Rockin' AEM in winter
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AdamVR4 said:
You gotta be kidding me -- you don't have more pics of Jack's VR4? Forget the subie and the 'Vette.
I have a TON of pictures of Jack's VR4! However, I don't have any pics of Oscar or Philip since they weren't on the track at the same time I was.

·
I think my cars drunk...
4,558 Posts
damn nice pics

are you just using a very fast shutter speed, wide apeture and tripod?

any hints for a noob like me?

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
AdamVR4 said:
Nice! How did Jack do? Should we expect a full write-up from Jack??? I'm excited to hear about this :)

Jack usually posts a full write-up on the 3s-racer list, perhaps if he sees this thread or the sister thread in the road-course section he will comment on it.

I wish I could have spent more time talking to the 3/S guys, but I spent most of the time down on the end working on Rich's car.

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
lethal_vr4 said:
Jack usually posts a full write-up on the 3s-racer list

What the hell is that? How do I get myself included in this? I just want to read :)

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
3s-racers and the corrisponding team-3s are an old email list (from the early starion days). Basically the predecessor to 3si.org. Most of the old timers (and most of the 3/s guys in the pics above) still subscribe. I've been a member so long that I can't remember how to suscribe... probably on the team-3s list. http://www.team3s.com/

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Jack ran exceptionally well on Saturday. I co-piloted (well, ok, I sat in the passengers seat like a kid in a candy store) for 2 sessions and he was tearing it up out there. He bested his previous best lap time at R.A. as well that day (I'll let Jack divulge his time as I'm not sure he wants people to know). His car really hauls ass on the road course even under relatively low boost (20psi). The car screams up to 8300 incredibly fast and then, POW, huge "kaboooom" backfire while shifting. It's 20 minutes of trying not to make a wet spot in your pants... There wasn't a single car all day that even stood a remote chance of keeping up with him. Battleship Mitsubishi rocketed around every car on the track, leaving those high-end exotic sports cars wimpering like a virgin on prom night.

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
JRink said:
Jack ran exceptionally well on Saturday. I co-piloted (well, ok, I sat in the passengers seat like a kid in a candy store) for 2 sessions and he was tearing it up out there. He bested his previous best lap time at R.A. as well that day (I'll let Jack divulge his time as I'm not sure he wants people to know). His car really hauls ass on the road course even under relatively low boost (20psi). The car screams up to 8300 incredibly fast and then, POW, huge "kaboooom" backfire while shifting. It's 20 minutes of trying not to make a wet spot in your pants... There wasn't a single car all day that even stood a remote chance of keeping up with him. Battleship Mitsubishi rocketed around every car on the track, leaving those high-end exotic sports cars wimpering like a virgin on prom night.

Hahaha! :bigthumb: :beer: :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts