Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the paint job is going well so far, the car is now a nice shade of primer gray with the exception of all of the "hard to reach" places (under the hatch, inside the doors, engine bay, under the hood, etc), those have now all been painted black. I quickly snapped a picture of my nice satin black engine bay.. god, now my engine looks totally SHITTY since the paint is so clean and the engine is so.. not. :D

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
is that primer all over the engine???

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black1995GTBase said:
is that primer all over the engine???
LOL, no, it looked like that long before it went in for the paint job. ;) That's a combination of camera flash and an ungodly film that's been on the engine since I bought it... it wipes off, I'm just too damn lazy to do it. :p

And yeah, I want that simple green shit.. I've been reading good stuff about it lately. I assume any place like Advance Auto would sell it?

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
HELL WALMART SELLS IT. BUY IT NOW OR YOUR GOING TO HELL!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Black1995GTBase said:
HELL WALMART SELLS IT. BUY IT NOW OR YOUR GOING TO HELL!
lol, i may go do that tomorrow so I can clean it up after the paint work is done. Can't have a new paint job attracting attention and have people ask to see the engine only to see... that. :p

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
Just go to the cleaning section.

When you get home you're gonna have to GO TO TOWN on that engine of yours. Don't wet it down or anything beforehand. Just make sure you get everything and let it soak for a few minutes. You'll probably end up using half the bottle on her. But you'll be amazed.

You'll be back blinging in no time.

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
I had my engine bay steam cleaned cause I was too lazy to try it with a spray and a rag. They did the top, sides and bottom for like $40. Turned out great! I then waxed all visible red paint inside the bay. It's alot easier to maintain than to start from scratch!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts