Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XenonDepot Philips HID Conversion Kits

XenonDepot strives to provide our customers with the most advanced HID conversion kits available in the market. Our kits are designed to offer our customers a simple and effective HID conversion that is designed specifically for your individualized application.

Alternate suppliers will offer you similar kits at similar pricing however our product's core competency is that we use custom molded bases designed to plug right into your vehicle's OEM headlamp assembly. In essence, we DO NOT use machined fittings with an adapter ring glued on. As a result, our kits perform better and provide optically correct beam patterns.

The XenonDepot HID kit is comprised of both Philips bulbs and ballasts to ensure both the quality and longevity of our product. You will not be required to modify your vehicle in any way - TRULY PLUG + PLAY!

PRICING:

PHILIPS Ultinon 6000k - $550 + $19.99 (Shipping/Handling, Insurance)

PHILIPS 5000k - $465 + $19.99 (Shipping/Handling, Insurance)

METHOD OF PAYMENT

Link: http://www.xenondepot.com/protect6.asp
Password: xk4me

PHOTOS

For more information, please contact us at: [email protected]

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey!

Does that sexy black beast have 6000k HID in both the low beams AND the fog beams!?

...why... YES IT DOES!! =)

That's my new VR-4! I just installed H3 and 9006 Xenondepot kits on it, and it was easy as pie. I mounted the low beam ballasts behind the headlight housing, and mounted the foglight ballasts up behind the bumper.

Bumper removal was not necessary, and Xenondepots customized bulb bases insured the lights fit PERFECTLY.. I put Xtreme White Plus PIAA 9005 bulbs in my high beams, $80 =(, and they look like crap compared to HID.. hehe, they fit just right though.

I will try to post some pics of where mine are all rigged up for you guys some time this week, but I know Steve and Xenondepot from my stint at www.clurbrsx.com where I had custom installed H1's into my H11 foglights, and H1's for my low beams - also stellar, though these were reflector. Projector lights ROCK!

In any event these folks are trustworthy and the price is justified. If anybody has any questions on the installs please feel free to ask me, and I'm sure Steve here can answer any other questions you might have!

Thanks Steve, and thanks guys for making this new club so hospitable!

Az

P.S. Happy Turkey Day!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Can we expect anything for the 1st Gen. pop ups? Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
Tall order man, that's sealed beam, right? You could always customize it.. I had to drill out my sealed H11's on the RSX foglights and installed 6000k HID H1 bulb types.. silicone and electrical tape are you friends!! =)

You will need to get a real answer from Xenondepot though.

Az

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

We have performed numerous conversions on sealed beam vehicles. I believe the most similar vehicle would be an MR2. Our customer purchased an H4 conversion (sealed beam changes to H4). Once these were installed, the customer purchased a XenonDepot H4 conversion. We have also performed conversions on Nissan 240 - same idea- Sealed beam to H4....

Hope This Helps,

Steve

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mitsusl said:
Is it $550 for both the low and fogs?
wahaha.. oh man, wouldn't that be nice! =)

·
Ive Got a VR4 :-) :-)
1,656 Posts
hmmm....its Tempting, But is it worth it if there isnt a High Beam Conversion? Does this completly replace your stock adapters?

IF this is a Group Buy how about getting some lower prices if we get more people?

And Also wasent there a German HID GB going on?

What is the Waranty for these lights?

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
So did Azaghal pay $1100 for the headlight kit and the fog light kit?
Is the foglight kit itself an additional $550?

Man I can justify $550 for the headlights but the foglights can go fuck themselves if they cost an additional $550:p

·
Registered
524 Posts
Brian said:
So did Azaghal pay $1100 for the headlight kit and the fog light kit?
Is the foglight kit itself an additional $550?

Man I can justify $550 for the headlights but the foglights can go fuck themselves if they cost an additional $550:p
Well, more or less. Anyone wanting 2 pairs of lights will need to buy 2 kits! You don't NEED to have two sets of HID, or one for that matter, but I have issues in the realm of light superiority. =)

As for not understanding the bluish light thing - well, think of it more in terms of being better than the other guy. They are just "bluish" they are much, much brighter than halogen! and the 3000GT is great because it has projector headlight style all around - the best application for HID.

Az

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hello,

Thank-you for your feedback.

In response to you're inquiries and comments:

1) The XenonDepot HID conversion kit is not the cheapest HID solution out there however that is not our goal. XenonDepot strives to provide automotive enthusiasts with a professional HID conversion assembled from quality Philips components. With this group buy, you are saving approx $75 off the regular price. Furthermore, the XenonDepot HID kit will come with a legitimate 1 year warranty as this is what Philips provides with their products

2) For those that dont see the point in spending this amount of money on lighting simply havent driven a vehicle with HIDs. I can gaurantee you that once you drive a car with HIDs you simply wont go back to halogen. It is a modification that you will appreciate everytime you drive with your lights on. It doesnt matter how fast you're driving, how well the car is running, ITS ALWAYS THERE FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!

3) Its very important to understand that the XenonDepot HID kits (5k or 6) will both offer you a bright white output. The difference is that the 5k will offer you a bluish tinge whereas the 6k will offer you a purpulish tinge. In no way will the light output be completely blue/purple as we we dont want to jeapordize your light output (WHITE = BRIGHTER).

All I ask is that next time you see a BMW, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz equipped with HID lights driving towards you or behind you, try to see from how far of a distance you can spot the HID lights. You will notice that the difference in light output between regular halogen and HID is phenomenal.

Regards,

Steve

PS Azaghal will vouch for the fact that once you drive a car with HIDs you will never go back to halogen.

·
Registered
524 Posts
XenonDepot said:

PS Azaghal will vouch for the fact that once you drive a car with HIDs you will never go back to halogen.
Oh man, you got that right, pal. =) I have to say again this whole install, both sets only took me 30 minutes on the 3000GT mostly because the bulbs were plug and play with the custom bases! My H1 installs on my RSX took about 4 hours total between bumper removal and part fiddling!

Az

·
The Reality Of Tomorrow
213 Posts
XenonDepot said:
Here is another XenonDepot equipped vehicle. This car has the 6000k HID kits installed (also projector):

Regards,

Steve
Ahh! Bright Lime Green! My Eyes!!!

-m

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.