Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

What do you think of rich car collectors?

• They're ok if they know how to respect their cars.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • They just suck

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • They shouldn't be able to keep their cars if they don't know how to take care of them.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • They just suck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this with you guys, It was summertime and I was back in my home town for the July4th weekend where cruising the 1 mile through town is always a big deal.... sometimes it takes 1-2hours to get from one end to the other... anyway I'm behind this punk kid in his daddy's Z3 and he's acting all big infront of his buddy, revving his engine to me, so I obviously rev back... I couldn't get him to go down a back road for a little friendly challenge where I was sure I would leave tread marks in his face and maybe hurt his ego a bit... Well the next day I see the kid again and guess what he's driving this time, ... a Porshce :rolleyes: I hate spoiled rich kids! His dad has (I don't know how many cars) and I ran into him at a local car show, keep in mind that this is a very rural area, most of the cars there are Classic Muscle cars, there were less the 10 cars that were from the 80-newer... anyway his dad is there with his Viper, while checking it out, the wheels had brake dust on them there was no tire dressing on the tires, the body was not all nice and shiny and the interior wasn't even clean.... he thinks that just because he owns a Viper in a small town he doesn't have to shine it up? WTF! I hate rich people that collect cars and don't know how to show them, and think that they are big shit because they own them.
Sorry about the rant

·
Registered
606 Posts
ok, i wouldn't really label them as "rich" but my best friend(drives a LS1 TransAm) has quite a collection of muscle cars(actually his fathers). i guess i've never really payed attention to whether or not they take care of them well, but when i think about it they hardly drive the things. we might take one car out every weekend during the summer, which makes for like maybe 3 drives a year for each car. and they're always butt-ass clean. he's got a couple of big time collectors items.

-70' Camaro A/T w/ shift kit, 350 full exhaust (i think the headers are leaking now), holley 650(i think).
-72' Mustang Convertable, 302 2bbl
-67' Chevelle SS 396, 375hp, 4spd, clutch-pedal-from-hell
*-71' Boss 351 Mustang, hurst 4spd
*-69' GTO Judge RamAirIV (only made 151 with the RamAir4 :eek: ), 400, 3spd auto w/ lightning rods, shiftkit, full exhaust, big cam, edlebrock intake. 400ci+cam+exhaust=shaking ground when it pulls in the driveway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts