Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Extreme Lurker
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just installed a Tein HA coil-over suspension on my VR-4 :D and was wondering if anyone knows of good performance alignment settings that will not ruin my tires. I'm taking it to a friend who owns a computerized 4 wheel alignment machine, so he will align it anyway I want.

TIA

·
Registered
695 Posts
did you get the upper pillow ball mounts? if so, bring the car to a good alignment shop and tell them to zero it out, and be sure to have the car at the height that you want it first. then you can set the car at whatever you want. if not, i would say no more than 1.5 degrees in the front and 0.5 in the rear for everyday street driving and not ruining your tires.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
You don't want it to look like the Puma. ;)

·
Extreme Lurker
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response advr4.

Yes, I have the upper pillow mounts as well. What I did when I installed them earlier today was set the upper bolt on the bottom mount at 0 and then setting the pillow ball mounts to about 2 lines. I'm not sure if each line stands for a degree or not. I didn't have anything to meassure the camber after the installation so I'm taking it in after I get the height right where I want it and before I rack up too many miles.

By zeroing it out do you adjust the lower bolt so that the actual camber and the pillow ball mounts read zero:confused:

·
Registered
695 Posts
yeah, have everything read zero (upper and lower mounts) then take it to an alignment shop that is used to doing big wheels and tires and have them zero it out on a machine, not touching the mounts. then when you get it back, you can adjust it however you want. and yes, the notches on the upper mounts mean 1 degree.

·
Extreme Lurker
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha, thanks. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.