Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people with 16g's are seeing full boost around 4k, and i was wondering who all is running the 18g's and 20g's and where do you see full boost by.

im trying to decide if i want them or not, or if ill just end up going with 16gs

also if your running a combonation between 18g/20g or 16g/20g setup as well

just say what your boost level and what RPM you see full boost by and if your a stock motor or a have different pistons, or pnp'd heads and what cam your running.

thanks in advance!
greg-

·
Been here since 01!
534 Posts
I know people with 16g's are seeing full boost around 4k, and i was wondering who all is running the 18g's and 20g's and where do you see full boost by.

im trying to decide if i want them or not, or if ill just end up going with 16gs

just say what your boost level and what RPM you see full boost by and if your a stock motor or a have different pistons, or pnp'd heads and what cam your running.

thanks in advance!
greg-
The meat of your boost will be from ~3200-4200, that 1k rmps is the buildup.
Trevor has a good video of the inside of his car on the street. It give you a good feel for what to expect. 18g/20g, I hear "Heikki" found it more difficult pull better times with his 18g car than his 16g setup.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
i ran both 16gs and 20gs. The 20gs seemed to lagg maybe 200-300 rpm more but easily made up for it in the top end. Same boost level the car did [email protected] on 16gs 18psi pump gas, 20gs did [email protected] on 18psi pump gas. The 20gs picked up 33mph in the second 1/8th mile while 16gs picked up only 30mph. I recommend the 20gs, only drawback is they are about 1 grand per turbo.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
Let's not forget you had meth coming out your ass the whole time, lol. I'd recommend the 16Gs and spend the extra on what counts, the fuel mods.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I did have meth coming out the ass, but then again I was limited to piss california 91 octane which is a huge difference from 93 octane. NO meth all I coudl get away with is about 13-14psi.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ipsmotorsports sells 20g 1600 for the pair ;)
not to worried about fuel ill be runnin dual feed on the rails, and 2 intank walbro's and one out more than likely and probably 720cc injectors and AEM ems

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts

thanks in advance!
greg-
this is why threads like this are nice ;) (chart 4)

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
I did have meth coming out the ass, but then again I was limited to piss california 91 octane which is a huge difference from 93 octane. NO meth all I coudl get away with is about 13-14psi.
more important your 20g's werent really 20g's. Infact I want your 20g's.

Coop

·
Never finished
2,453 Posts
hmmm what kinda work??

·
Registered
736 Posts
I was running 18G's with std tdo5 compressor cover and non-evo 7cm^2 hotside. They would hit 14.5psi at 3750~3800 rpms. By ~5000rpms they were at 30+psi.

They pegged my 34psi pressure sensor and boost gauge, so I don't know what max pressure ratio they would support. That's pointless though, who knows what their efficiency range is with the small compressor cover at those pressure levels. I did not experience any boost creep with my std internal gates.

I then swapped to evo 16g's and had to add fuel to midrange. Boost recovery between the shifts was better, as well as the overall mid range response. With 3900lbs to haul around this was significant.

Heikki

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
I then swapped to evo 16g's and had to add fuel to midrange. Boost recovery between the shifts was better, as well as the overall mid range response. With 3900lbs to haul around this was significant.

Heikki

And you didn't have to pull fuel from the higher boost portions of the map? Is this conclusive 'proof' that E16G's are > than 18G's? ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
And you didn't have to pull fuel from the higher boost portions of the map? Is this conclusive 'proof' that E16G's are > than 18G's? ;)
I did not have to pull fuel from higher boost portions. Conclusive proof my ass :p , just my experience.

Heikki

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
I did not have to pull fuel from higher boost portions. Conclusive proof my ass :p , just my experience.

Heikki

haha :)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts