Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some stealths and 3gts with hood scoops over the filter on the right side of the hood. Some of these look like they are modified 300zx scoops? Does anyone have any info on these? Does anyone know of any good other ones that work? I really want to install one and need info, Anyone know of any sites that sell small scoops?
Thanks alot,
Brandon:p

·
Registered
477 Posts
I believe they are custom carbon fiber hoods.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I think he's talking one like AMKREADGTO's. He had that type of hood on his ex-car. I think it's a custom carbon fiber hood from GT-Pro. I dunno if you can get it elsewhere though.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
He mean's like veilsidevr4's old car.. a single scoop over the intake area, I beleive they had them made from either aluminum, or fiberglass. The gtp carbon fiber hood does not have the vent over the intake itself.

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
YES! this one turd just posted is the one i love the most, that's such a sweet scoop on a 3s

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i like the one turd posted too!

i like the one turd posted too! The one on the veilside car is the exact scoop i was talking about. I am almost positive it it off and early 300zx. I have seen this scoop on 2 first gen stealths, and im sure it required some modding, it doesnt fit in with the hood bonnet. I am going to get one of these but wanted to know how i would mod it. I know all i have to do if cut the back at an angle and maybe put fiberglass on it or something. PLEASE HELP!
Thanks for all the posts:cool:
Brandon

·
Registered
844 Posts
Re: Scooby style

TurboTurd said:
That is a sweet looking car with custom paint and hood scoop. Is the scoop functional or is it like the new Mustangs (just for show).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts