Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Always needing parts...
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to buy a VR4 that I'll have in a few days, so I'm going to be parting out my 95 3000GT Base model.

I have some pretty nice stuff that I'll be selling, like Megan Racing Coilovers that I bought less than a year ago, only got to see about 500 miles of driving on them and I loved them, but unfortunately I can't put them on the VR4 because they're for the FWD model. I think I paid around $850 for them new, so shoot me an offer on that.

I also have an engine that I know pretty much nothing about. I pulled it out of a junk yard off of an automatic 3000GT base that looked in horrible shape. I don't know for sure how many miles are on the engine, but the tach said 158k. The timing belt isn't broken, so thats good news, aside from that, I know I paid $250 for the engine and its just been sitting because I really don't have time to mess with it right now. I don't know if its any good or not, but judging from the looks of the car and the fact that it was an automatic transmission in it, I assume that the reason it ended up in that yard was because the tranny was probably hosed like almost every auto tranny I see.

I have a 5spd manual transmission that I bought a couple of years ago to replace my bad one that I had, it had 68k on it when I got it and I've probably put around 10k miles on it since. So give or take around 80k miles, its shifted pretty smooth since I got it, I paid $700 for it shipped. I'm willing to take offers on it, I don't expect to get out of it what I paid.

I have 2 black headlights from a stealth, found them in a junk yard about 8 years ago because when I bought the car, one of the green headlights was shattered. Both of them could probably use some refinishing, they have the typical clear peel and stuff. Not sure what these are going for these days, just make an offer.

Also, I have my Engine that is in the car, for anyone who wants something to play around with or rebuild. I honestly do not know what is wrong with my engine, you're welcome to come hear it run and diagnose for yourself but it sounds like hell. One mechanic who has never worked on these cars said it sounded like a broken rocker arm. I think it might be a spun bearing even though I see no dints or anything in the oil pan. Timing belt isn't broken either. I don't know what it is, but it is the reason the car is getting retired.

I have two hoods, one is black and is slighly bent on one of the front corners, doesn't effect it opening and closing and it really isn't even noticable unless you're looking for it. I have a Green hood that has a big ugly dent in it that I've been told could be easily pulled, the paint looks like hell and it will definitely need repainted. Again, not really sure, make an offer.

2 doors with glass and all the internals working, both green. Some dings from assholes liking to open their doors in to mine in parking lots, I guess normal wear and tear.

Pretty much any interior pieces, you won't want the carpet because I had a water leak that destroyed it. It didn't effect anything but the back seats and carpet though thankfully.

You guys know whats on these cars, if there is something you want, shoot me a PM and an offer and I'll tell you if I have it and if its good.

I really not looking to ship a lot of this stuff, so the bigger stuff will need picked up and I'll probably need a few days to pull the parts depending on what it is. I haven't gotten to dismantling the car yet, I'm going to have the engine and transmission pulled, put it on a trailer put it in a storage garage and just take stuff off as needed. I'll take off the coil overs and throw it on some jack stands and take what I need to as I go.

While it pains me to see my first 3000GT that I've owned for 8 years get retired, it has prompted me to finally move up to a VR4. Much more growing room for new fun things to do with it.

If you want pics of any of this stuff, send me a pm and I'll go down to the shop and get pictures.

For $1500, you can have everything (including the spare engine) EXCEPT the wheels that are on the car, I'm keeping the wheels for my summer set for the VR4 since they're brand new. You'll have to bring your own wheels and pick up the car, it will need towed, it'll drive on to a trailer but I wouldn't trust that engine much further. If you have more time than money and wanna part the car out yourself, this is probably a good option, I'm sure there is closer to $2000 in parts.

·
Always needing parts...
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch has about 1000 miles on it, clutch master cylinder was replaced at same time, so its pretty much new. Shifter and cables are stock, break pedal assy is stock. Shoot me an offer in PM for what you want, I'm going to have my mechanic pull the engine and tranny out on Thursday most likely.

·
Show me your twins
1,168 Posts
What color is it?

·
Wheee! 2 wheels is fun!
8,814 Posts
Since you are trying to sell BIG stuff that is hard to ship, how about a location so people know where they might have to go to pick up parts.

-SP

·
ryns toy
2,853 Posts
did you end up finding a VR4? I will have one for sale shortly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts