Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

581 - 600 of 606 Posts

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Re: Part Numbers Help

Can someone do me a favor and determine whether or not the rear trailing arm bushing has a stopper or not? The diagram here http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewItemBundle.asp?idProduct=24856 shows that it is #700 in the picture. However, I can't find the part number or the part itself at Cherry Hill's site and the diagram they have does now show a stopper. I need it for a '92 VR-4, but I think they are the same between all year AWD cars.

Thank you in advance.

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Stopper- MB911700

You have to look in the exploded view of the whole rear suspension, the trailing arm diagram in Caps/ASA does not list the stopper or the bolt
Awesome. Thank you for the quick response!

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts

Hey guys. I could use some help again.

I was taking apart the trailing arms and found out that the "eye" that houses the main bushing comes out of the trailing arm (I have the main bushing removed in this picture). Is this a replaceable part that has a part number for this rubber section molded to the "eye"? Or maybe a part number for the whole piece that comes out of the trailing arm?

Also, I would like to get the part numbers for the hood weather stripping. The parts that run right in front of the cowl, the two pieces that connect to it and run by the strut towers, and also the hood blister weather stripping.

I tried installing ASA a few times and I think I messed up somewhere because I got an error every time. I recently wiped my drive and installed fresh copies of both W7 and W8.1. In the process I think accidentally found something to do with ASA in my registry still and I think that is why I couldn't install it the many times I tried. I'll give it another try here soon when I get a chance so I can quit bugging you guys. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Well, even after limping through my my wine-Mac version of CAPS, I cannot find the bolts that connect the transmission to the back of the motor. I think these are what I'm looking for, I may have not identified them all. For example, are #17 the only bolts for the transmission to the motor, and are #22 the only bolts for the transmission to transaxle? I also need quantities required for 1992 VR4.

Service manual 22-20 are
#17 Transmission assembly lower part coupling bolt...only 4?
#22 Transaxle assembly lower part coupling bolt...only 2?

If you have the Main Group and Sub Group for CAPS that may help, too. I don't know if they are just not in the groups I'm looking for or if my version of CAPS doesn't have them for some reason.
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Okay guys, good news! I got ASA to work finally. I've noticed you can get the sizes of bolts. However, it only gives you diameter and length. Is there a way to pull up the thread pitch as well?

All of our bolts are metric, and each metric size M6/M8/M10/M12 use 2 thread pitches, coarse or fine. (occasionally 2 different fine thread pitches for a total of 3 options per bolt - but there is a common and uncommon pitch.)

I think it is easiest to just buy a thread pitch gauge ($1-2) and check your hole for its pitch, or just grab a random bolt - see if it threads in and check it's pitch.

Most/99% of the bolts that break are.

M6X1.0
M8X1.25/1.0

Now to actually answer your question, no, as far as I have seen in the past few years, you can't find thread pitch on ASA.
Matter of fact, Home Hardware (Canadian hardware store) does not even list thread pitch on bolts, because 99% of the time there is only one common pitch for it.

I can send you a page of the common thread pitches for each metric size if you would like.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,112 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts

Haha! Awesome. I need to get the software myself but I will be lazy today and ask. I need the 3rd gear sub gear part number off the F5M33 trans. It is number 17 in the photo. I am hoping I can still get it from Mitsubishi, but figured a p/n would be the easiest.

·
13,112 Posts
Your post is cut off, assuming 5 speed front wheel drive?

If its the 3rd and 4th sychronizer, PN is MR 166912

·
13,112 Posts

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,724 Posts

Are the driver and passenger wiper arms different? No matter how I adjust my drivers side wiper it hits the pillar that goes up along the side of the windshield(c pillar?). If there are 2 different part numbers for a 92, that'll tell me if they're the same or different.

Too bad there isn't a mobile version of CAPS(or is it ASA now?)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
13,112 Posts

Are the driver and passenger wiper arms different? No matter how I adjust my drivers side wiper it hits the pillar that goes up along the side of the windshield(c pillar?). If there are 2 different part numbers for a 92, that'll tell me if they're the same or different.

Too bad there isn't a mobile version of CAPS(or is it ASA now?)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes, they are different sizes.

One is a 21" blade (they call it the LEFT SIDE) and the other is a 20" blade (called the RIGHT SIDE).

Unless I'm mistaken that is looking at them from the front of the car, as I "think" the longer blade goes on the passenger side...

Bob.

581 - 600 of 606 Posts