Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I accelerate hard, or even fairly hard, my parking break light comes on. I assume the sensor just needs to be tightened or something. How would I go about fixing this?

.jon

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check your brake fluid.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MChan said:
Check your brake fluid.
Its the light that comes on when I put up the parking break. It never comes on unless I take off really fast. It makes sense, because that would just slightly move the brake up. Its just enough to set off the light. As soon as I get off the loud pedal, the light goes away.

Does anyone know where the sensor is at?

.jon

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Add some brake fluid! I'm serious.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I recall, the reservoir is located in the upper right hand corner under the hood (when you're facing the car).

Top it up and you're on your way! I've had the same problem.

Mike

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh, i just got it. It all makes sense now. I'll check the fluid next time i'm out there. Funny thing is, got an oil change a couple days ago, and i heard the guy say i didn't need any brake fluid. oh well. thanks

.jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car has been doing the parking brake
thingy for a while now. Now it just stays on
almost all the time.

I'll try adding brake fliud this weekend, if
it works this board fuckin rules.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
i bet its not the fluid level. These cars were rated very low for problems with electrical applications by consumer reports.

Notice how you can wiggle the ebrake up and down a little, b4 it engages? It may not be adjusted properly, or the little tiny itsy bitsy switch located in the console opposite the handle is misadjusted.

If you ask me specifically where it is, i will tell you to go buy a manual. ;)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pokey said:
If you ask me specifically where it is, i will tell you to go buy a manual. ;)
already have a manual - just too lazy to look it up. guess i'll have to get off my ass :)

.jon

·
One Shizz-rippin' M F
3,554 Posts
The light doesn't go on when the E - brake is adjusted wrong, the e-brake just doesnt work. Its most likely the brake fluid level, it goes down on its own slightly when the brakes wear, and it doesnt need to be that low to trip the sensor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts