Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
What is up 3Si?! Long time no post (aside from social media, hookin' up enthusiasts with wheels/tires/sponsorships, and tuning-related shenanigans lol)

This third build dubbed Panda v3 has been 2+ years in the making since I lost the entire powertrain with v2 at 550-wheel. Basically, I opted for a broader powerband, more top-end, and something totally drastic and unique to remain the lightest and fastest "street 3/S" in SD/SoCal.

Without further ado... preview pictures! I used my vacation from work last week to get the ball rolling.

The madness awaits...

Wrinkle black PC'd goodies for a more subtle look underhood

2000*F cerakote-coated brand new IPS TD05 manifolds + housings

Choices! I still am one of the few out here that installs and tunes a variety

I intended to maintain "all black" underhood but could not resist minor flare

4-bolt is fully assembled, timed, and prepared to drop-in!

Perks of being a manager heh �� My initial, first set to tune on: O.Z. Racing Ultraleggera wrapped in 100Y 240/AA/A Toyo Proxes T1 Sport! Second set will be 275/35R18 Nitto NT-05 140/AA/A (or comparable)

Mm six of these bad boys will be feeding my AEM EMS Series 2

A little preview video clip (not all parts are shown) prior to cleaning up and organizing for surgery:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNqj0vUA74K/?taken-by=btstuned

I will post more updates as time allows. Lord knows that I still have a long queue/to-do list for YT videos yet alone documenting more haha. Exciting!

-ALan

Pertinent stuff...

Power/Engine:
-IPS TD05 kit (manifolds + o2's 2000*F cerakote-coated)
-MHI TD05H EVOIII 16G's
-4-bolt long block
-Paul "Seattle91VR4" custom Hyper-Flex mounts
-Gates Racing timing belt
-Chris/NP solid tensioner
-Duralast Platinum smaller-sized battery

Drivetrain:
-Jacks transaxle + extra Kormex
-Quaife front LSD
-Jacks TC + extra rebuilt TC by Larry "RealMcCoy"
-David "My923ksl" custom trans mount
-SPEC 4+ clutch
-RPS LWFW
-3SX SS line

Intake/IC:
-ETS 3.5" FMIC kit (including TD05 J-Pipes)
-Wrinkle Black powder-coated plenum + VC's
-Dejon twin intakes
-K&N filters
-TiAL BOV

Fuel:
-Walbro 450lph FP
-Aeromotive AFPR
-Aeromotive SS filter
-Russell lines/kit from Chris/NP
-RC550's (initial "break-in" tuning currently on Pump-E85)
-TBD: Pump-91/C16 + Meth

Ignition:
-New, OEM coils + PTU + condenser
-Accel ignition wires (MSD and NGK on-hand)
-NGK 4554 @ 0.028"
-TBI: HKS DLI Twin Power (on-hand)

Electronics/Management:
-AEM EMS Series 2 Standalone (CloneECU for backup)
-PLX 52mm touch wideband
-PLX 52mm touch boost/vac
-PLX 52mm touch fluid temp.
-PLX 52mm touch fluid pressure
-PLX 52mm touch intake air temp.
-TBD: more modules
-TBD: BC

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires:
-Tein Flex coil-overs (Megan on-hand)
-2G four/two-piston calipers
-StopTech slotted rotors
-SCE SS stiffening bolts
-Hawk HPS pads
-3SX SS lines
-OE ABS delete
-ATE Super Blue
-18" O.Z. Racing Ultraleggera (street set)
-Toyo Proxes T1 Sport (street set)
-18" x 9.5" +22 Rays Gram Lights 57CR (race set w/ tires TBD)

Exhaust:
-2.5" Downpipe
-3" AMS 300CPSI HFC
-3" Blitz NUR-Spec R CBE

Cooling:
-GT300 hood
-Koyo half core racing radiator (from Steven and STM Austin)
-2-3 switched fans (incl. oil)
-TBD: transfer IPS racing oil pan
-TBD: custom ducting/shrouding
-TBD: Setrab oil cooler

Interior:
-Corbeau racing seats
-Momo hub w/ NRG QR

Exterior:
-Cianci widebody front fenders (FG)
-CF combat wing (from Gabber's VR-4)
-GT300 hood (mentioned in cooling above)
-Aerocatch locking top-mount hood latches
-Full 1999 body conversion

Deletes/reduction/relocates:
-A lot... lol A/C incl. evaporator, CC, AA, Alt. bracket, 15-20lbs of wires/relays underhood, all interior carpet/panels except dash, complete audio, ABS, impact beams+mounts, rear wiper assembly, rear trans bracket, etc. etc. etc.
-TBI: de-powered/manual-converted steering rack from Aaron "drweldin" with AWS+PS delete

(Much more not mentioned here)

Panda v.3 VR-4's initial tuning numbers! 370AWHP VD SAE (~480bhp) at WG 11psi creeping to 14-15psi, CONSERVATIVE 13* timing, and 100% maxed RC550's on Pump-E85 haha! Awesome power potential from the get-go... another 10psi should land me deep into the 500's - yee!

Next step is ironing out some details with various improvements and shoot for 450-550AWHP. Final efforts will be 550-600 or wherever I end up as icing on the cake lol! Once I overpower the current tires, I will get some 275 or 285mm extreme summer or competition tires mounted on my Gram Lights set.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One thing that I am lagging on is transferring the surviving (important) portion of my IPS racing oil pan to a spare, good pan =X

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah! I will add the rap sheet (build list) to the OP later.

-sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge

17,280 Posts
very cool, have you ever used the AEM AQ-1 in combination with a series 2? I really like the idea of the car always logging and the series 2 space is just so limited, I pull logs daily and its a pain in the butt. I think with the AQ-1 I could use the AEMNET connection and put like a 32GB SD card in it and log forever.

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,360 Posts
So glad to see you around still

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, can't wait to come down and see V3. What is the goal in HP.
Thanks Dave! Looking forward to driving my own 3/S again (not that the others here with me are bad hahaha)

very cool, have you ever used the AEM AQ-1 in combination with a series 2? I really like the idea of the car always logging and the series 2 space is just so limited, I pull logs daily and its a pain in the butt. I think with the AQ-1 I could use the AEMNET connection and put like a 32GB SD card in it and log forever.
Hey Chris! I have heard of and seen that! That reminds me of using the GReddy RSS to internally log a pull with the EMU years ago lol. That is something that I would definitely consider buying and using if/when I roadcourse the car :) How is yours coming along? Content now? hehe

So glad to see you around still
Thanks! I plan to post more as I have a buuuuunch of goodies to list for sale for other members (chrome VC's, ETS FMIC kit, 2G short shifter new, chrome plenum, etc.)

·
Show me your twins
1,157 Posts
Following! heh

·
?Mark
16,616 Posts
is this legal in California?

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
very nice..welcome to td05 land. :)

Looking fwd to seeing your dyno pulls
Haha! Thanks Nomie. The last time that I tuned/rode in/drove a TD05 3/S was at least five years ago. I definitely do not mind lessening the torque hit for that freight train top end :D

is this legal in California?
Of course! :p I am still thinking about Florida low key...

No wonder you're not texting anymore lol
Great to hear your getting it done!
LOL! I will once you switch parties... J/K! (No political posts please! hahaha) Thanks though! I keep on lagging on deciding on planning the next meet here or in Anaheim, but you should drive down sometime!

I added a shortened list to the OP too**

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, and this was too funny [and relevant] not to share!

Those who know or followed along know how v2 ended after whoopin' some IS-F bootay lol.

17,280 Posts
Hey Chris! I have heard of and seen that! That reminds me of using the GReddy RSS to internally log a pull with the EMU years ago lol. That is something that I would definitely consider buying and using if/when I roadcourse the car :) How is yours coming along? Content now? hehe
Its coming along pretty good. I think I solved a major issue I was having with the part throttle tune on the aem. The 2500-2700 RPM breakup/lean misfire spot I was telling you about.

I have noticed since it is in the 30s that the turbos will try to surge in this area. -3 PSI and very light throttle. Any tiny bit of throttle avoids it. Perhaps a unique problem I have with the bigger motor on the little turbos.

I was running the aem map sensor in the plenum and I had a theory that maybe the surging was pulsing something, even though I couldn't see it in the logs. I setup the map sensor on the firewall with 6 inches of hose and the fueling issue improved, but was not gone. I changed the line to 10 inches and today it was gone and the fuel map is much smoother now. I'm hoping this is the fix.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love following all of your work on other cars, great to see you finally get to build your own again!
Appreciate the kind words! Yeah, it was tough not parting out seeing as I am essentially working with a "shell" lol... as I told another owner on IG: inspire and be inspired! ?

Its coming along pretty good. I think I solved a major issue I was having with the part throttle tune on the aem. The 2500-2700 RPM breakup/lean misfire spot I was telling you about.

I have noticed since it is in the 30s that the turbos will try to surge in this area. -3 PSI and very light throttle. Any tiny bit of throttle avoids it. Perhaps a unique problem I have with the bigger motor on the little turbos.

I was running the aem map sensor in the plenum and I had a theory that maybe the surging was pulsing something, even though I couldn't see it in the logs. I setup the map sensor on the firewall with 6 inches of hose and the fueling issue improved, but was not gone. I changed the line to 10 inches and today it was gone and the fuel map is much smoother now. I'm hoping this is the fix.
Ah! That is great to hear! I hope to have similar success since I will be running a line to my PLX MAP module too. I have only had the MAP directly connected to the upper plenum on Mark and Rob's VR-4's, but then I later moved Mark's sensor to his Vibrant vacuum block; car drives so smoothly too! I would not be surprised if your solution does hold up!

-sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,265 Posts
Always enjoyed seeing your builds and mostly all that tuning on youtube! lol i'll be following your thread for sure.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts