Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Z16-Abuser
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Palm IIIx from back in the mid 2000s. i had everything(mmcd) on a dell tower pc of that same era. bought stuff from miragecorp and ran it on my 1st vr4.

problem im running into:

-my old dell tower is frozen
-i now have a laptop with usb, not serial ports
-i dont even know what i need to make this work since its been 15 years.

HELP!

been browsing the net for a couple hours and pocketlogger and miragecorp are gone. checked my old email because i thought there was something i needed to download from old miragecorp to make it work. there is nothing in my old emails from them. mustve accidentally deleted years ago(read not tech savvy)

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,193 Posts
I think most of us are/were spoiled with the m100 and m515 lol. Coincidentally, I have a IIIc here from a friend/client, but I have not set up or used it since 2011. If it is anything like the others, I often found the easiest route to be syncing a saved profile with all applicable programs e.g. MirageCorp and MMCd.

RE USB: the converter you want for serial is Keyspan.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Blackstealh and Evoscan is all I use.

The blackstealth runs 24/7 and is live display of anything I want

Evoscan requires a laptop though, but it works.

It's time to throw that ancient junk in the trashcan I think LOL

·
Registered
398 Posts
with all the options we've got nowadays palm logging seems more than a bit outdated to me. should consider buying one of blackstealths obd adapter things and logging on your phone. basically palm datalogging but modern

·
Registered
1991 VR4
789 Posts
I've been trying to get that bluetooth OBD logger to work and have been unsuccessful so far. I miss the old Palm pilot. :(
You are unsuccessful using blackstealth's converter and using torque pro to log? What issues are you having? I also run this to view realtime info every single time i drive the car and have been using it extensively recently to log and tune since i just switched (partly) to e85 (running 50/50 e85 and 91)

·
Super Moderator
21,091 Posts
You are unsuccessful using blackstealth's converter and using torque pro to log? What issues are you having? I also run this to view realtime info every single time i drive the car and have been using it extensively recently to log and tune since i just switched (partly) to e85 (running 50/50 e85 and 91)
Yes, it will not connect to my phone, so I haven't even been able to view any parameters, let alone log.

·
Registered
1991 VR4
789 Posts
Hmm odd, did you try the bluetooth adapter on a different modern car? If your goal is logging, I would recommend switching to USB anyways. You then use a USB to micro USB (or USB C) adapter so you can plug into your phone. The refresh rate on BT is way too slow.

Both the ones I link on my main thread about it worked on a note 5 and note 9

·
Super Moderator
21,091 Posts
Hmm odd, did you try the bluetooth adapter on a different modern car? If your goal is logging, I would recommend switching to USB anyways. You then use a USB to micro USB (or USB C) adapter so you can plug into your phone. The refresh rate on BT is way too slow.

Both the ones I link on my main thread about it worked on a note 5 and note 9
Yes plan is to log and tune it (15G / 550 / pump gas car), I'll check out your recommended USB cords. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts