Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the actual paint work officially started today - the wing is done and the stripes are currently being painted on the car. Here's some pics :

Wing :

Car :

Everything should be done sometime this coming week... I'll be sure to post pics then. :)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
That looks like Robs car... I think that's his name... Had the stock stealth wing with the late model #Kgt wing, and black w/white stirpes...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SHiVeR-91VR4 said:
are you painting this or is a shop doing it for you....and if a shop is doing it, how much is it gunna cost?
My dad owns a shop so he's doing it for me just at the cost of materials.

Yes, I'm copying the look of rob's car, it's not a news flash or anything. I saw 2 or 3 1st gen stealths last year at the east coast gathering that were black with white racing stripes, I liked them, so that's what I'm doing. :D I'm not trying to make a claim to be original here or anything. ;)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blk93stealthes said:
i like the pinstripe in the white racing stripes
Yeah, that was actually my dad's idea and I really like it too. We were originally going to put the pinstripes on the inner edges of the racing stripes too, but after doing some sketches and such we decided it would look too "cluttered" to have 4 of them so we just went with the outer edges and I really like the way it came out. :D The cool thing is that the pinstripe is actually painted on too - it's not just those stick-on stripes or anything.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VR-4_Owner said:
That looks like Robs car... I think that's his name... Had the stock stealth wing with the late model #Kgt wing, and black w/white stirpes...
Does Rob's car have both the Stealth wing and the 3000gt hoop wing? I've seen pics of it from the back and I didn't see the Stealth wing on it. At the East Coast Gathering I saw 1 or 2 1st gen Stealths that were black w/white racing stripes and that had the normal Stealth wing, and I saw one that was black w/white racing stripes and that had the just the hoop spoiler. I thought the one with the hoop was Rob's, but maybe not (I think a lady was driving that one... not sure).

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mongorunner said:
that pic looks funny

looks like your going with the ricey offset single stripe (the black stripe:p)
LOL, yep. :D The first time I ever saw one of those I just stood there for a while staring at it, TRYING to understand it... ;) I'm big on symetry (sp), so it just bothers the hell out of me to see a tiny single stripe on one side of a car like that. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts