Installation is very easy. Just look at the manual and you will see a typical 6 cyl layout that could have been copied out of our manual !
- You only use 3 of the four channels and use 1 1/2 of the coil adapters.
- You only have to tap into 3 wires and use of ground and 12V
- I got the connectors/plugs that go into the stock coil pack from a salvage yard as this made installation even more easy.
- Settings can be made to your gusto, nothing special there (retard is not needed)
- The box can be placed under the front fuse box if the stock airbox is removed. The coils also use some place and for sure I will relocate them sometimes
Please note that the ignition alone did not result in any better behaviour (only a week and then problems came back). Only in combination with a good coil-setup (like the Accel one) this probably represent the best ignition solution currently available.
A forum community dedicated to all Mitsubishi 3000GT and Dodge Stealth owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, VR4 turbo upgrades, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!