Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sbzro00 said:
Tranny trouble?? I told you to stop dropping the clutch at 7k:p j/k.

You going to towers tonight?
yup I'm going to try, I let you know later on..

·
Registered
557 Posts
german tranny + japanese car= f****n problems,how true

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
I've had a getrashes go south in a American cars, so it's not just the car maker. IT'S GETRAG!!!!

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
The Getrag transmissions in my BMW motorcycles shift like butter :). 70k miles and still tickin' on the one trans. I think it's more of a user error, even though it has some design flaws of it's own. They just aren't meant for huge clutch dumps..... they are a grand touring car.

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Blackbird002 said:
No wonder you are so pissed off. I bet it sucks having your wrist chained to that tranny...

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Isn't that taking the 'short shifter throw' thing a little bit TOO far?

:p

:D

Elton

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
Hans91GT said:
The Getrag transmissions in my BMW motorcycles shift like butter :). 70k miles and still tickin' on the one trans. I think it's more of a user error, even though it has some design flaws of it's own. They just aren't meant for huge clutch dumps..... they are a grand touring car.
Not always. Just ask the GM 3.4L DOHC guys. Their Getrag 5-speeds suck worse than ours. It's only some models they put out that are finicky. Ours just happen to be one of those.

·
Registered
350 Posts
We wouldn't be having these problems if the AWD system was based on a rear drive platform instead of a front drive.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
ANDROMALIUS said:
We wouldn't be having these problems if the AWD system was based on a rear drive platform instead of a front drive.
Do go on ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts