Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to post OT stuff, but i'm in a bind at work and don't know where to go from here. I stuck my foot in my mouth the other day when my CEO asked me about video conferencing and I told him i'd get right on it and have a proposal for a solution to him in a week or so. Here's my problem though: currently, we're using NETMEETING for a 1-on-1 conference and it works pretty good across our WAN. Well, now that they can talk to each other 1-on-1, they figure it would be nice to confernece a few of them all together. As far as I can tell, netmeeting won't do it for me though. I'm looking for software that I can host internally on our network and doesn't require them to use an internet videoconference server. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your help,

Zack

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
if you want to stay with net meeting you'll need to buy the netmeeting server.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
My software will be able to do it -- it's just not ready yet, and it only works on Linux at the moment..

www.gnophone.com

It does all of the audio stuff -- still getting the video taken care of.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, our desktop environment is all Windows, but our servers are all over the place (Novell, NT/2000, AS400) so it wouldn't be a problem to put up a linux server as long as you have a client available that works on Windows (which just by glancing over your website doesn't look like you have-please correct me if i'm wrong). Aside from that, has anyone every used PictureTel?

P.S. Looks like a cool project Rob, hopefully it takes off for you.

Zack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts