Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
poser
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Microsoft had a launch party for their new console on Friday; I managed to score some time with the device via press accomodations.

Pretty impressive system. Project Gotham Racing should appeal to most everyhone on this board.

I favored Dead or Alive 3 out of the games I demoed :)

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
Damn controller's HUGE though...

I must admit it IS comfortable though.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I like the controllers. More of a Dreamcast feel which I like. DoA3 is the BEST game I've seen on it so far cause Halo gave me a headache :( I hate first person shoot em ups.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
I'm glad yours worked. 7 of the 10 X-Box demos in the area do not function. They just freeze up for no reason and the toy store people have not gotten any help from Microsoft. Sound familiar? I swear I am NOT making this up.

·
og
4,293 Posts
i was out in seattle for my nephew's wedding (he works for ms) and i got to do some playtesting, only the football and basketball games but i saw some other stuff for it, i have one on the way in the next few weeks :D i like the controller and the system quite a bit.

- mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
XBox demo boxes had problems for one of two reasons : inadequate cooling (which isn't good because the "demo" boxes are actual production boxes) and bad game code. Most of the Halo CDs were shipped with unstable versions of the game (video driver conflicts). Microsoft denies both problems, Bungie (maker of Halo) specifically cites Microsoft as shipping the wrong version of Halo for demo use that's causing their game to lock up.

Halo was never meant for the XBox, it was meant for a real gaming machine (the one you're sitting at right now). No first person shooter has ever not sucked for a gaming console minus GoldenEye for the N64 because you used all of two buttons. Halo was dumbed down significantly in terms of gameplay in order to make it playable ... which inherently made the game suck. I think they'll have to release Halo for the PC just to make up for the complete suckage that it will be on the XBox.

Get a PS2, play Gran Tourismo 3's Rally Racing until your fingers fall off. I'd consider a GameCube, but I don't want to play Pokemon...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have a PS2 and I just got GTAIII. That game kicks so much ass! Get a PS2. I'll get XBox when some more games come out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts