Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some quick advice on this. I have a Sony Laptop, unforunantly it runs Winblows Millenium, and until Sony releases all the drivers for 2000, I am stuck with it. So, I need to get a cd burner that is compatible with Millenium. I bought an Acer that was on sale and tried to manipulate it to work w/ ME, by installeing patches and trying a few different tricks that I know, but nothing would work. It seems that I need a burner that is designed to work w/ ME/ So, any help would be appreciated from those of you running ME or anyone that knows of a burner that is compatable w/ ME.

It can be USB/PCMCIA or even I-Link(Firewire)
Thanks in advance

Ohh, and please dont turn this into a thread about how much Windows ME sucks, cause I know that already :)

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
Downgrade to Win98SE. :D Should work with your hardware. May involve a format though. Unless you just want a new burner because those external ones are kinda pricey.

Oh yeah, Did the drive work at all? (Read?) Might have been a software issue.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
First off I may be offering you the wrong info. Computers confuse the hell out of me but we have a P.C with ME and it runs Adaptec easy CD creator4.02d_d5, Adaptec DirectCD 3.01d_d5 Dell version 6.0 I don't know the actuall hardware (burner).Its so easy. Download,drag,make a c.d.You don't have to convert anything.Anyways I hope this helps some.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike, I used numerous versions of Easy Cd creator as well as Nero to try to get that particular burner to work.

Randy-The drive did work, I was just getting weird issues with it. Such as, buffer underrun and lockups and other shit. The Downgrade is not an option, if I do anything it will be Win 2000. That is the only windows that I really want to run. If it was up to me I would be running Linux, but I am POSITIVE that the drivers arent available for that hehehe

Also--I dont care about the price, I just need something soon cause my 10gig hard drive is filling up qucik.

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
It could have been what I think is called the ASPI layer. I have experienced problems before with Nero and EZCD on the same system similar to what you are describing. I am betting that it is an issue with that.

What type of interface is it? USB? Firewire?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've tried to hook up a Sony, a Memorex and a Yamaha CD burner in a few different computers--all 3 were a total PITA, If they even worked at all. Since then I've gotten 3 different Hewlett Packard burners and all were a piece of cake to install and have worked great. They also all use Adaptec Easy CD Creator. 2 of them are on NT systems, and my home one is on Win ME. My home one is a 9100 series, but it's internal.

Hope this helps,
Steve

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just another thought, not sure how much space you have left on that HD, but maybe you don't have anough room for the buffer?

I also think it was ASPI problems I had with the memorex burner.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went in a looked at the ASPI layer, it didnt seem to be affecting anything.
Sterve, I have like 4 gigs left..but I just want to burn the 2 dozen cds that I have on there.
I was useing USB with the one that I tried, but the machine that I have can also use firewire or I can use PCMCIA card for it. I Just really think that it is an issue with ME itself and it isnt worth the time to figure it out, I just need a burner that supports the OS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.