Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's '95 Wrangler is chriping when it is running at idle..I am pretty sure it is the serpintine belt. I bought a nwe one and went to replace it but I cannont figure out how. I don't see a spring loaded pulley anywhere so I can loosen it up to take it off or pull it on. Does anyone have any ideas? It is the 2.5L 4-cyl w/ A/C.

Any help would be appreciated,

AustinGT

·
2,248 Posts
The engine in my Jeep is completely different from yours, so I'm afraid I can't be of any help. I can, though, bump your message back up to the top.

If noone here has the answer you could try www.ultimatejeep.com (it might be .org, not sure). Someone there would almost definately know. :)

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,833 Posts
Sorry....

I have a '92 4.0L I6.
But I did have some chirping, found it to be one of the idlers pulleys.
Sprayed some White Lithium grease at the bearing.
Bye, Bye Chirp.

Just my. 02

Bob.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already sprayed all my pulleys and it didn't stop. Besides the belt needs to be replaced on it anyway...it had 62,000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
loosen the power steering pump, I think it is like 3 bolts to loosen, then use a pry bar to move it. Mine was rusted on, but that was form 9 years in Rochester, NY. You should be able to move it enough to get the belt off, then its just a matter of wiggling it past the fan, and putting the other belt back on the right way. Good luck, estimated time: 1hr, if you have to break a bolt like I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.