Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

OT: For you computer guys, temp files

228 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  John M 
#1 ·
Lately, I have found a plethora of kewl web animations. Bin Laden stuff, that Ninjai flash animation series, etc.
I would like to save those onto my hard drive so I don't have to access those websites or wait for the downloads to replay them.
How/Where do I find those temporary files so I can permanently save them?
I use Netscape 4.75 almost exclusively.
Thanx for your help, I can't find the temporary files....is it possible to remove them all so that when I reload an animation page I will know that the files in the temp folder are the ones I am looking for?

#3 ·
at www.ninjai.com
the right click won't work because that pulls up flash player options....
any other thoughts?

#5 ·
What about C:\Windows(or WINNT)\Temporary Internet Files\
Then just look through them for all movies, real player files, flash videos, etc.

#7 ·
I don't think you can save a flash file that you viewed because they use the flash player plug-in... and it's all streamed.

Perhaps if you used a download manager of some sort?

#8 ·
yep, the File - Save As command worked great. You can do that once you have downloaded and viewed the clip....
Thanx for the help.

#9 ·
Nope, you were right... that SAVE AS command only saved the html location, not the actual animation clip.... any other thoughts on how to save it to my hard drive>?

#10 ·
Look for a file with the same name in your cache files. Move it to another area of your HD. Browse to that area. The file probably won't be associated with a program, so right-click and choose "Open with..." and select Netscape.

That should do the trick - it worked great on the Colon Powell "Hey Mr. Taliban" video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.